28 (Gerard)

Gerard stood with his arms draped over Frank's shoulders and his forehead leaned against Frank's. He could feel his heart racing as he looked over Frank's face during their conversation. He didn't want Frank to go back to the same panic he had when he first came to the realization that he couldn't go back to the Force base, but he knew it had to be going through the former soldier's mind. He wanted to reach out and calm his emotions, but Frank wasn't reacting to his magic. Was it just not strong enough yet?

He thought offering to take Frank in a new direction would help, but it did bring the valid point of leaving the others on their own path once again... If they were being tracked, it would be in their best interest to separate again... but after last time...

When Frank shut his eyes, Gerard wanted to just hold his face again and quell any anxieties he may have been feeling. He wanted to comfort him, despite his magic being unable to fully reach out. He wanted to pull him even closer and make his heart race faster.

His magic fluttered in his chest. He could feel it tugging emotions in multiple directions, despite what he knew he felt. It brought a small smile to his lips.

He inhaled a breath, trying to find the right words to say, when a strong gust of wind struck their sides. He stumbled back, getting pulled away from Frank by the strength of the wind.

"They're coming!" Gerard's eyes widened at the faint voice of Tyler in the wind. "Closer than we thought, they're coming!"

With his words on the wind, particles of red brushed past Gerard, hastily whispering the same message. The speed had changed. The distance was a lie. They. Were. Close.

His head snapped towards Frank when he heard him speak. Uncertainty in his eyes as he looked to Gerard for answers.

Gerard reached out and grabbed hold of Frank's hand. They couldn't wait any longer. They had to go. He relayed it quickly, though he wasn't sure how much of it actually got out of him as he brought his magic to his eyes so he could successfully guide Frank forward through the dark.

The wind rushed past his ears, making it hard for any other sound to break through. However, though it may have been a phantom of his worry, the sound of slowly snapping wood managed to still be audible. Gerard just gripped Frank's hand tighter and urged his legs to move faster.

Frank

Frank struggled to keep pace with Gerard in the darkness. Gerard was pulling him by the hand connected to the shoulder that was having spikes of pain, and it seemed to be worsening with each step. Spots of white were popping up in the darkness over Frank's vision while the voice continued to echo in his head.

                        Give up, soldier
      Can't run                                                                              I'll find you
You belong          To me         
                                                                                                                                           I'll never stop following
Come home, Frank                                                                                                            

Frank tried to shake the words away, but they only intensified with the pain in his shoulder. It was blinding. He tried to pull his hand away from Gerard's, but the other boy's grip was too strong.

Stop
             Stop
  STOP

Frank screamed in pain as a sensation shot through his body, spreading down from his shoulder. His limbs locked in place as the pain consumed him, acting as a sudden anchor to Gerard and causing his grip to slip from Frank's hand. Frank could feel himself beginning to fall, but the pain wouldn't allow him to move in a way he could catch himself.