Frank sat in the clovers just outside of the shelter as the sky began to brighten with the rising sun. He couldn't fall asleep like the others had. He couldn't stop his mind from wandering as if it was trying to pull away from him completely.

He twisted the stem of the clover that Tyler had given him between his fingers. He wasn't sure if it helped, but it at least gave him something to focus on.

A gentle breeze brushed past him, making the clover field shake as it moved past it to the trees. Frank sighed, shutting his eyes as the air brushed past him again. It was so much nicer than the filtration from the base. There was so much more to it that he would have never considered before. It just felt better.

"You must be Frank."

Frank opened his eyes, immediately tensing at the unfamiliar voice that had spoken to him. Approaching through the clovers was a lanky figure with light hair. He looked down at Frank as he continued to approach. "Am I right, soldier?"

Frank flinched at the way he said it. Did he know? Was this someone Gerard knew? "Who are you?"

He didn't reply. He instead moved past Frank and entered the shelter.

Frank let out a shaky breath. It hadn't looked like anyone from the Force... It had to be someone from Gerard's group that he just hadn't met yet.

Another brush of air caressed his cheek, bringing his gaze up from where it had fallen. The sky was continuing to brighten. The light bugs were flickering out, vanishing with their light as the night pulled away. Despite the chill of the winds that kept passing him by, there was a warmth in his chest. It felt like something he had experienced before, though a memory didn't come to mind. It was a feeling of familiarity to a small part of him that didn't feel right as he tried to unravel it.

"Am I really meant to be here?" He whispered to himself as he watched the colorful leaves rustle in the trees. He loved the color here so much more than the cold grey of the base... but the way the man had spat his former position to him... How could he ever truly belong?

Frank jumped as a figure broke through the shelter's entrance with fists clenched. He quickly realized it was Gerard. The red head was visibly angry with Magenta overflowing from his eyes. He hadn't seemed to have noticed Frank as he stomped further into the clover field, muttering words that Frank couldn't make out.

Frank rose to his feet, tilting his head as he looked at Gerard. He could almost make out faint waves of magenta pulsating around Gerard, but Frank assumed it to have been a trick of the light as it vanished with a small movement. He took a step forward, but stopped himself from getting closer. Maybe he should leave Gerard to stew. The ghost of a pain suddenly tingled on Frank's cheek, bringing his hand to hold against it. As soon as his skin made contact, a flash of white overtook his vision. He inhaled a sharp gasp before quickly shifting his hand from his cheek to his mouth.

Gerard spun around, quickly bringing his magenta eyes to Frank. "What are you doing out here?" His words came out harsh and layered.

Frank stared at Gerard, keeping his hand over his mouth. He hadn't seen Gerard like this in awhile. Slowly, he lowered his hand enough to speak. "Is... Is it Gerard I'm talking to?"

Gerard cocked his head, keeping his eyes locked on Frank. "He's aware."

"So you're his magic?" Frank asked. With his last word, the warm feeling inside his chest rose up to the base of his throat.

Gerard outstretched his arm and gestured Frank forward. Frank felt the air build behind him and push him forward, making him stumble a few steps before falling into an even pace. He stopped about an arm's length away from Gerard's still outstretched hand. "Why are you upset?"