Chapter 10

Becky's POV

"P'Freen? About last night, did I do or say something stupid or embarrassing?" I asked her but she didn't answer me instead she showed me. Our faces are now very close to each other. Is she going to kiss me? Did we kissed last night? But I can't remember kissing her.

"That's what happened last night Nong". With that said my cheeks are now blushing. She left me alone while she throws the empty take outs.

Before I got up to my seat I winced and she heard it. My ankle is killing me. So again she asked me if I'm okay. I don't want to be hard headed anymore, it really hurts.

"We should go to the hospital to have it check". She said. I just nod while she put my arm around her shoulder and her arm around my waist. "Don't put much weight on this side, I will support you just hold on okay?" She continued.

At the hospital

We are now waiting for the result of my ankle x-ray. Hopefully nothing serious or else I have to cancel all my schedules for this month.

"Ms. Rebecca Armstrong? Here's the result, you may now see the doctor." A nurse told me. Oh no I have to talk to the doctor means something is wrong in my ankle.

I asked P'Freen if she can accompany me inside. The doctor is now talking and explaining on what happen and what will I have to do.

"Goodafternoon Ms. Armstrong, as I was reviewing your x-ray it says here that you sprained your ankle badly, we need to put a cast and splint on it. It will take one to two months to heal. No worries because there's no need for a surgery." The doctor explained.
"If its the best for her condition please do whatever it takes doctor." P'Freen told the doctor. I can see her worried expression. "Okay will prepare now, are you her guardian? The doctor asked. "I'm her close friend and she's my artist." Phi replied. I'm just an artist and a friend for her.

"Nong Beck are you going to call your manager or I will?" P'Freen asked me when the doctor went out to tell the nurses to prepare the things needed for my ankle. "I will call here now." I called P'Sheng to tell her about the bad news, she said she'll just tell the higher ups in the company to cancel all my schedule for the whole month.

After they put the cast and splint on my ankle, I have to practice my walking with crutches. We are now on our way home. "Hey Nong are you okay? You've been quiet since the doctor explained about your ankle, are you worried?" I just replied a "I'm fine, yes just worried." It's true that I am worried because first I have to cancel all my schedules, second how am I suppose to go up to my room on the second floor, and lastly can I take care of myself.
We arrived at my apartment, before I open the car door she grab my arm and told me to wait for her. She then opened the door for me and help me go out the car the way she assist me is so gentle and sweet.

"We are just going to get your things, you're going to stay at my other condo near my office, I'll take care of you until the doctor remove your cast. Go pack your things or just tell me what things are you going to bring and I will get it and pack it for you. Avoid moving around specially going up and stairs." She said firmly, like I have no choice but to comply and agree to her plan.

"No it's okay PHI Freen I can take care of myself, I don't want to bother a FRIEND". I emphasized the Phi and Friends. I don't know why I'm acting like this. I sounded like I was disappointed when she said I'm just her friend and her artist. I walked out and went inside.

Freen's POV

What was that attitude of her right now? Maybe she's just stressed out because she can't go to work for a month and can't do anything. Come on Freen you need to have patience if you want to take care of her. I followed her inside the apartment and I was shocked, I saw her crying at the sofa.

"Nong beeeeck, why are you crying? Please don't cry and tell me what's wrong? Are you stress? Don't you want to live with me at my condo, it has no stairs and I have a guest room for you to stay there, you won't be a burden to me. I just want to take care of you. Did I offend you or something? Please tell me because I dont want to see you crying." I ended up kissing her forehead again then gave her a warm hug. After few seconds of silence I can sense that she is calming down and stopped crying.

"P'Freen I'm sorry, yes maybe you're right I'm stress because of my situation right now. I dont want to burden someone and I am going to be bored just by doing nothing. I used to exercise in the morning and I'm an active girl who likes to move around so I'm a little bit disappointed." She explained sadly.

"First you are not a burden. Second I'll be joining you for lunch since my condo or should I say penthouse is on top of my company. Third I'll be home early if you want me to cook I can cook us dinner if not we can just order it. Lastly, why don't you accompany me buy some grocery at shop some needed items. Don't worry I have an idea, you won't be a burden. So let's pack your things now." I wiped her stained tears and started to pack her things.

At the grocery mall

My father owned this mall and it's one of the biggest grocery in town but I handed all the management to my aunt, the sister of my father. I don't go here anymore since my parents died because I we usually bond and shop some groceries here together.

"Here Nong beck can you ride this one?" Showing her the E-Scooter that I borrowed at the guard. I still have this kind of privilege and the management still acknowledge me as one of the owners so the staff knows my name and my face that if I go here I will have a VIP treatment, that's what my aunt's order.

"Wow! How did you borrow this and why the staff kept on bowing while greeting you? Are you a mafia here or something" I giggled a bit and turns my composure back.

Clap! Clap! Clap! We heard someone clapping and when I turned around it's my aunt.

"I can believe you're here Freen and now seeing you smiling and laughing thats a new you my dear. And who's this lovely girl who makes my niece smile?" My aunt said. I can see becky is now confused.

"She is my aunt, the owner of this mall." I explained to Becky and she introduced herself to my aunt as a colleague.

"Hmm I don't think you're just a colleague. My niece don't go here very often and specially without a reason. To top that she is smiling which she never does to everyone." I can see my aunt is speculating something.

"Enough aunt jaja, I'm here to buy some groceries and this mall offers me everything that we need specially this scooter. As you can see her foot is not in a good state to walk around." My aunt nod and left.

While paying at the counter Becky someone she knows and now she's laughing more like flirting to that guy. I saw her hugged him and he even kissed her cheek. Who is this guy? I asked myself repeatedly. Im done paying and went to her side.

"Becky let's go?" I interrupted.

"Oh P'Freen this is Nop, he's my..." that guy cut Becky from introducing him
"Her suppose to be husband." He proudly said.

Hello, sorry I didn't update yesterday due to busy schedule. But here is a long update for you.