Chapter 10

After a few minutes of walking, they brought me a to room and put on handcuffs, binding my hand to my back. One of the soldiers took out her card and opened the door. It was an empty room, with only a desk and two chairs, were a tall woman was sitting. She beckoned me to her, and I sat down.

"Welcome Miss Ophelia." she said "We have chosen you for our project because we have seen your strengths and weaknesses."
"What is this 'project'?" I spat
"You will be our very first assassin."
"I'll never work for you."
"Oh, but you will."
"Where are my friends?"
"We left them there."

She got up, told me to follow her, and brought you to some kind of lab room. Melina was there, held by the arms by two guards and they put you on an operating table. She held a needle in her hands. As she got closer, I looked at her with fear in my eyes, and when she was about to inject whatever there was in that container she whispered in your ear

"This is not the real thing, you wont be controlled, but for a little bit, follow their orders, so you don't look suspicious and we can get out of here."

I couldn't speak, so I just looked at her. She injected the liquid, disinfected, and put a bandage over it.

"Get up and follow me" said the one who had brought here

You did as she said, and the guards took Melina with you. They brought you outside.

"Kill Natasha Romanoff, and report back here when you are done."
"Yes ma'am" I nodded
"Take her with you, and if she doesn't listen, kill her."
"Will do."
"Now go."

You took Melina by the wrist, and brought her to a cave you had found.

"Thank you for helping me."
"I'd do anything for the friend of my daughters, and I did not want another Red Room."
"I know how to get us back to the Avengers Tower. We will need to sleep the night here though."
"That's alright with me" she said

You settled down on the rocky floor and fell asleep a few hours after. When you woke, Melina was already up.

"You ready?" you asked
"Yeah."

You took her hand and teleported both of you to New York.

"We're in New York, I recognize this place. It's a 20 minute walk to the tower."
"Ok then, lead the way!" she said enthusiastically

You were happy to be back in New York, excited to see Yelena again. A coffee and a few minutes of walking later, you had arrived to the tower. You clicked the buzzer.

"Hello?" asked a voice you recognized to be Tony
"Heya Stark, it's me, Ophelia, and I have a guest."
"Ophelia oh my god we were so worried" he said "Natasha!  Yelena! She's here!"

He hadn't opened the door, so that probably meant they were coming downstairs. Sure enough, a few seconds later, Natasha came running and hugged very, very tightly. She looked behind me and saw her mother, also rushing to hug the older woman. Yelena arrived just after, immediately pulling me in for a passionate kiss. I felt the tears roll on her cheeks, ending up on mine.

"Please don't cry Lena" you said, doing your best to comfort your girlfriend "I'm ok, nothing happened, I wasn't hurt."
"You could've been though, please, don't worry me like that." she pleaded hugging me
"What happened?" asked Natasha, whilst Yelena went to greet Melina
"I'll explain, but I think we should go in."

REWRITTEN