Chapter 13

1 month timeskip

We had started to plan the wedding and decided I would be taking her name. We were hosting it close to a little lake, a thirty minute drive from New York. We had separately looked for dresses with our bridesmaids, Wanda was mine and Yelena had Natasha. I had picked a beautiful, long white dress, strapless. Due to us wanting to follow the tradition, I didn't know what her dress looked like, but I was sure she would be beautiful. It was coming up in 3 days, and we couldn't be happier. 
After the wedding, we would take two-week honeymoon in Norwich, UK. Then, we would leave the tower and move into a two-person cottage in the outskirts of New York.

"I'm so happy we're getting married. I never could've imagined marrying the love of my life" I mused
"So am I."

Skip to the wedding day

I was in my dressing room with Wanda, she was doing my hair, brushing the long black locks neatly, and putting part of it in a small bun, letting the strands hang close to my eyes, giving it a soft and sweet look. She proceeded to work on my makeup, and I had requested something subtle, so she put some light blush, pinkish lipstick and brown eye shadow.

"You look beautiful Ophelia; she's going to love this look."
"I hope she will!" I replied, slightly adjusting my dress and getting up.

Wanda finalized the look, topping me with a flower crown, consisting of dyed sunflowers, orange, brown, red and yellow. I would be the one to walk down the aisle.
I came out of the little white tent, at the start of the white carpet with flowers sprinkled on. At the end, below the little bell, stood Yelena. It was the first time I saw her with her dress on: a beautifully short, smooth, plain white dress. She was also wearing a flower crown, but hers was yellow, green, blue and pink. Her light blue eye shadow worked beautifully with her green eyes, and she only had a thin layer of dark red lipstick. I held the bouquet of roses in my hand, making my way down the path, locking my eyes on my soon-to-be wife. When I got there, I stepped up on the small stage, and positioned myself in front of her.

"Ophelia Star, do you take Yelena Belova to be your lawfully wedded wife?"
"I do"
"Yelena Belova, do you take Ophelia Star to be your lawfully wedded wife?"
"I do"
"You may now kiss."

I embraced her, hugging her tightly as our lips met, feeling the soft taste of cinnamon from her lipstick. Everyone was clapping, and Natasha was almost crying. I couldn't believe this was happening. I took her hand, leading her to the dance floor. We danced together, looking lovingly into each other's eyes. She had pure happiness radiating from her, and so did I. The party lasted for another 3 hours, and everyone went back home. We drove back to our little cottage, still amazed by the days' events.

REWRITTEN