Chahat 2

The annoying alarm blasted in the relatively quiet room which caused Hoorain to groan and turn while completely ignoring her alarm that was successful in waking up the whole house apart from the girl who actually set the alarm in the first place.

Mrs. Alam gasped as she burst into Hoorain's room, she saw her sprawled across the bed with her hair everywhere, by everywhere she meant EVERYWHERE including her mouth and the room was a disaster with books scattered in every part of the room. The corner of her eye caught an empty tub of cookies and cream ice cream on Hoorain's desk.

Mrs. Alam shook her head and snoozed her daughter's alarm because she knew that her lovely daughter wasn't going to wake up even if there was an earthquake, a mere alarm couldn't do anything.

"Hoorain beta, utho apne university jaana hai aur aaj apka last exam bhi he!!" Mrs. Alam exclaimed while shaking Hoorain to wake her up. (Hoorain, get up you have to go to your university and today's your last exam as well.)

"Acha yar mama, 10 minutes aur." Hoorain replied sleepily and turned her face the other way to avoid her mother. (Ok bro mom, just 10 minutes more.)

"Ye jo roz ka '10 minute aur' lgaya howa he, isne mera dimagh kharab kiya howa he. Chup chap abhi utho, warna tumhe 2 din tak ice cream nahi milni." Mrs. Alam faked anger in order to get her daughter out of bed and ready for university or she would never get angry at her only daughter. (The day to day '10 minutes more' has me really annoyed. You better get up right now or else you won't get ice cream for 2 days.)

Hoorain jerked awake only to see her mom casually walking out of her room as if she didn't just threaten her daughter. Hoorain was about to go back to bed when her mind repeated the threat her mother gave her and so she decided to get ready.

__________________

Coming downstairs in a simple blue shalwar kameez and a decent size dupatta, Hoorain quickly went to her baba jaan and greeted him while taking blessing from him and hugged her mom after which she sat on the breakfast table to have breakfast before leaving for her university.

"Bachey, today is your last exam right?" Mr. Alam asked as he looked at Hoorain applying nutella on her toast while she hummed, replying to her father. Mr. Alam continued, "So what are you planning to do now that you are almost done with your studies?"

"Nothing yet baba apart from chilling watching Netflix or eating ice cream." Hoorain replied, to which Mr. and Mrs. Alam shook their head and let out a little laugh. Hoorain looked at her parents weirdly and wondered why they were laughing at her.

To clear up her misunderstanding, her dad asked her " No bachey, I meant if you are planning to work or not?"

Hoorain formed into an O, showing the fact that she understood what her dad asked now, "I'm not sure yet baba but I will think about it." Her dad nodded and went back to having breakfast when her mother suddenly spoke up, "Beta we want to talk to you once you come back from your university today."

She looked up at her mom to see that her parents were silently communicating through each other's eyes and soon her dad sighed and averted his eyes by which she knew that mom won whatever argument they were having through their eyes.

Hoorain replied with a "Jee" and got up to leave for her university.

___________________

On reaching her university she met with her two best friends, Raima and Jaziba. Raima was the daughter of Mirs and Jaziba was the daughter of Akbars. Despite being from rich families, they had manners and were polite with everyone and not rich snobs.

"Yar tum logon ki tyari kesi he? Mujhe to kuch bhi nahi aata. Men raat ko aik drama dekh rahi thi to mujhe itna time nahi mila." Jaziba exclaimed loudly. (Dude, did you guys prepare for the exam? I don't know anything. Yesterday, I was watching a drama so I forgot to study.)

Raima replied, "Oh bhai maro, mujhe maro! Wese konsa drama itna acha tha ke tumne parhai hi chor di?" (Oh bro hit, hit me! By the way, what drama was so important that you forgot to study?)

(A/N: It's from that meme and if none of you get it. Imma start feeling old 🤡.)

"Yar Raima tum bhi kesi batein karti ho, mein bhala tumhe kion maaron gi. Men apni korean test karne ke liye k-drama dekh rahi thi but 3 episodes ke baad jab mujhe kuch samajh nahi aya to mene subtitles on kiye aur dobara watch kiya start se." Jaziba smiled sheepishly as she told that to her friends.(Dude Raima, what are you talking about? Why would I ever hit you? I was testing my Korean, so I watched a k-drama but after 3 episodes, I didn't understand anything so I had to rewatch it with the subtitles.)

Raima and Hoorain facepalmed themselves, thinking why are they even friends with her. "Acha tum dono choro ye sab, exam ke baad ice cream khane chalte hain. Pleaseeeee." Hoorain said to her friends, giving them her best puppy eyes.(Ok both of you stop. Let's go get ice cream after our exam.)

Jaziba and Raima couldn't refuse her knowing how much she loves ice cream, so the three of them decided to get ice cream and also informed their parents so that they don't worry. After informing their parents, they started revising for their exams.

Hoorain, Raima and Jaziba's families were not only business partners but also family friends. So it was easy for their families to give them permission to go out with each other.

______________________

After exam~

Hoorain, Raima and Jaziba stepped out of the examination hall and stretched. The 3 hour long exam while sitting on those stiff chairs was not easy at all. Raima and Jaziba were in the middle of their stretching when Hoorain grabbed their arms and dragged them with her. They soon reached the parking lot and got in Jaziba's car, as she was the only one who knew how to drive. Despite Jaziba being silly, she was really good at driving.

They soon reached the ice cream parlor and all three of them ordered cookies and cream ice cream. As soon as the ice cream was heard, Hoorain squealed and took her first bite only to moan in delight. "There is no way that someone doesn't like cookies and cream ice cream. It is literally soooo goooodddd. Hmmmmmmm." Hoorain said, her mouth full of ice cream.

"My brother doesn't like cookies and cream ice cream." Raima shrugged. Hoorain looked at her surprised as if what she said was a crime. In Hoorain's world it was a crime to say that you don't like cookies and cream. Before Hoorain could start an argument, Jaziba interjected and said, "We're finally free from university. What are your plans?"

"I don't know about us but you sure do have plans with your fiance." Raima wiggled her eyebrows to which Jaziba blushed. Jaziba was engaged to a famous businessman, Aariz Khan. Aariz loved Jaziba unconditionally to the point, that once Jaziba and Aariz went out and Jaziba stared at a gajreys(flower bangles) stall for a little too long and after that everyday Aariz would send fresh gajreys to Jaziba's house for her.

The girls spent an hour at the ice cream parlor and later, Jaziba dropped them off at their respective houses. Hoorain went to freshen up in her room and later went to her parents room.

_____________________

Assalamualaikum!!!

Here is a new chapter! Feel free to correct me in the comments. Let me know how it was in the comments.

I'll post a new chapter soon. Till then take care, Allah Hafiz my lovely readers!<3