Chahat 6

Author's Pov

As expected, Hoorain did get her 'punishment'. Their Nikkah was pushed back by two weeks. Initially, they were supposed to be Nikkahfied a month after their engagement but somehow Asfandyar convinced both of their parents to push it back by two weeks.

Talking about engagement, today was Hoorain and Asfandyar's engagement. They were doing a very small intimate event with only close family and a few friends. Asfandyar was beyond happy and Hoorain was, well, nervous. She did not doubt Asfandyar at all, she knew that he was happy with this marriage but that was all she knew.

She wouldn't lie, but seeing Asfandyar going into a rage about the whole guy situation really made her heart flutter. It was unusual because she couldn't deal with angry people. She decided not to give it much thought and decided to leave everything to her God.

It was around 4 pm and the few invited people started to arrive. Hoorain's friends, Raima and Jaziba were there too. Jaziba and Raima were talking to each other in the living room of the Mir Mansion. The Mir's insisted on having the engagement at their house.

Hoorain was sent early to the Mir mansion with Mrs. Alam so that they could get ready there while Mr. Alam would come after he had visited his office and made sure everything was going great.

Asfandyar was at his home getting ready for his engagement with his secretary, Wali, who he was pretty close with. Although they behaved like professionals at the office, they were full haramis outside of work. [A/N: Hehe ;)]

He was waiting for his mother's call, she strictly forbade him to see or contact Hoorain before the event. Asfandyar had this smile on his face that didn't falter even a bit. Wali poked his elbow into Asfandyar's side and said amusingly, "Wah bhai! Itni khushi ho rahi ke munh se muskurahat hi nahi hat rahi. Can't you be this happy with the reports I give you?" (Wow bro! There's so much happiness on your face that your smile isn't leaving your face.)

"Your reports are very bad but this is a very different matter, this matter is much much more important than your pathetic reports. This matter is your bhabhi." Asfandyar replied slyly. Wali made a mental note to get on the good side of his bhabhi.

Asfandyar was done getting ready and was now sitting with Wali in the living room and he kept glancing at his phone, this didn't go unnoticed by Wali. "Thora sabr rakhein Bhai." (Have some patience Bro.)

"Sabr hi to nahi hota yar at least ab nahi hota." Asfandyar massaged his temple and as if on cue his phone rang. It was his mother calling, he didn't waste a second and answered, "Assalamualaikum, Can I come?" (I can't be patient anymore, at least not now.)

"Walaikumsalam, Han han baba aa Jao aur Suno rastein men se Aariz ko bhi lete ana." Mrs. Mir chuckled hearing her impatient son. ( Walaikumsalam, yes yes you can come and also bring Aariz with you.)

"Ok hum aa rahe, Allah Hafiz." Asfandyar said his goodbye and hung up. He got up followed by Wali and they headed out. They picked up Aariz who was Asfandyar's best friend since primary school and also Jaziba's fiance. Aariz met Jaziba through Asfandyar's sister, Raima and since then he's been in love with her and they're getting married very soon. (Ok we're coming, Allah Hafiz.)

Aariz congratulated Asfandyar and they sped off to the Mir mansion. ________________________________

Hoorain had just got ready and she was looking stunning. She didn't want to go overboard with her dress since it was just her engagement but Asfandyar was not having it, he picked the dress himself and it sure was very pretty but not really simple. She couldn't quite say anything so she just went with the flow.