Junoon 2

Author's POV

After their midnight conversation, Salaar and Zara viewed each other in a different light. They went from being at each other's throats to good friends. However, they still were not very close. Zara's family was conservative and she did not prefer to have guy friends. Hence, they kept each other at an arm's length.

Midterms were finally done and instead of Zara going up to Salaar, it was the opposite that happened. Salaar jogged towards Zara as she was walking down the hallway with books in her hand. "Zara! Zara!" Salaar exclaimed, making Zara stop and turn towards him.

"Kia howa Salaar bhai?" Zara asked while fixing the dupatta on her head. Salaar bent down, trying to catch his breath. He heard Zara call him 'bhai' for the first time. It felt kind of weird. He shrugged it off. (What happened brother Salaar?)

"Wo um.. Midterms ke results aa gaye hen." Salaar hinted that he got the internship, waiting for her to explode. (The um...midterm results are out.)

"Ji mujhe pata he. Kion kia howa?" Zara politely said. (Yeah I know. Why? Is everything ok?)

"Wo..uh math ki internship mujhe mili he." Salaar said while scratching his neck, not sure how to say it otherwise. He was waiting for her to explode but what she did was the total opposite. (I....uh I got the math internship.)

"Oh woww. Good job! I mean I am not really surprised but anyway congratulations." Zara politely congratulated him, totally not angry at him. Salaar was very perplexed. He wanted to get a reaction out of her but this girl was congratulating him.

"Aren't you angry?" Salaar questioned, frowning.

"Nooo, why would I be angry?" Zara asked, not understanding his point of view. She was genuinely happy that he got the internship, although she wasn't really surprised. It was expected that he would win.

"No, it's just that you wanted the internship so I thought you might be angry." Salaar explained suddenly feeling very embarrassed.

"Yeah..chahiye to thi but apko mere se ziada chahiye thi and ap deserve bhi karte hen." Zara explained and gave him a smile to reveal her dimples. He looked at her deeply. Zara looked at her phone and continued. (Yeah..I wanted it but you wanted it more than me and you deserve it too.)

"Anyway, I should go. Mere class ka time ho raha he. Enjoy your internship. Allah Hafiz Salaar bhai." Zara said and was about to walk away when she was stopped by Salaar. (Anyway, I should go. My class is about to start. Enjoy your internship. Allah Hafiz brother Salaar.)

"It's just Salaar, Zara." Salaar corrected Zara. Zara felt a shiver run through her. She wasn't sure if it was because she was feeling cold or because of how he took her name.

Zara smiled and slightly nodded her head while saying, "Salaar." She did not get why Salaar even bothered to correct her. It was probably the last time they will have a conversation.

She turned around and kept walking to her class as Salaar stood there, his eyes not leaving her frame till she disappeared. Something in his heart stirred. He did not want to leave her. He knew he would never leave her. And he had just the right plan for it.

________________________

Zara was sitting in her class when the professor was disturbed, he went out to see who it was. The professor saw Salaar with another teacher telling him that Salaar was now going to be in his class.

The professor asked why to which the other teacher just said something in his ear secretly causing the professor's eyes to widen. The professor cleared his throat and motioned Salaar to come in. Salaar stepped in and looked around the room. He marched towards Zara when he finally spotted her.