Junoon 4

Author's POV

~7 years later~

(A/N: Ok so when I started writing the story, Zara was 17/18 and Salaar was 19. It was Zara's first year of uni and Salaar's second. So after the time skip Zara is 24 and Salaar is 26. Now Zara is a doctor and Salaar is well....we'll find out. Also the male lead is extremely obsessive and possessive and maybe borderline toxic. I will not change that at all. He is going to go to many heights to get his girl.)

DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT HAVE ANY CLUE ABOUT ANY MEDICAL PROCEDURES AND TERMS. THIS STORY IS PURELY BASED ON MY IMAGINATION. So don't come after me lol

"Doctor Zara, it's an emergency. Patient is 23. Name Akhtar. Had a bike accident. Right leg seems dislocated. Ribs might be broken. There's a head injury. Mild concussion." A cart rolled in the emergency room as three people pushed it forward. The simple diagnosis given by the ER nurse to the doctor provided Zara with some information she could work with.

"Do a CT scan immediately. Prepare OR number 4 and possibly arrange blood." Zara said in her professional tone as she fell in pace with the cart. She stepped aside as she let the nurse roll the cart for CT scan.

As she watched the patient go to perform the necessary tests, someone around her age came towards her. "Doctor, men Akhtar ka dost hoon. Wo theek to ho jaye ga na?" The young man said in a worried voice. He was covered with cuts and injuries as well. (Doctor, I am Akhtar's friend. Will he be ok?)

"Mr. Akhtar ki bohut critical condition nahi hai magar men kuch keh nahi skti. We will try our best. Ap tension mat len. Ap inki family ko notify kar den, humein shayad blood lagana pare." Zara said very professionally, her eyes holding no emotion. (Akhtar's condition is not very critical but I cannot say anything. We will try our best. Don't worry and please notify his family, we might need blood.)

"Thank you Doctor." The man said as he took out his phone. He turned around when he heard Zara calling him.

"Uhm sir, ap khud bhi apne aap ko treat kar wa len." Zara said as she looked around and finally found someone, she motioned her. (Uhm sir, you should get treated as well.)

"Nurse Faisal, please treat this young man's wounds. Thank you." Zara said to the nurse as soon as he reached the duo. As soon as she gave out the command, she turned around following where the stretcher was taken.

The guy kept watching her go thinking about how thoughtful she was. He sent a quick dua for her happiness and success to Allah. He snapped back to life when the nurse motioned him to come with him.

Zara followed the path the stretcher was taken through to supervise that the patient had tests done. After making sure the tests were done, she performed the surgery according to what she saw was needed.

At the end of the day, Zara was super tired, she could feel her lower back already starting to ache from how long she was on her feet. She went towards her office and took off her coat, putting it in her locker and taking her handbag out.

She closed the locker, sighing when she saw her reflection in the mirror. Without giving it much thought, she started walking out of her office and then out of the building as she passed the nighttime nurses.

She stood outside of the huge building as she saw the streets of Lahore filled with cars. She soon spotted her brother, Adeel, waiting for her in his car. Adeel and Zara had graduated a year apart and both were pursuing medicine.

However, Adeel went into physiotherapy whereas Zara went into general surgery. Although, they still worked at the hospital just in different buildings in respect to their fields.