☆15☆

☆゚.*・。゚☆゚.*・。゚☆゚.*・。゚

☆ THIRD-PERSON VIEW ☆

☆゚.*・。゚☆゚.*・。゚☆゚.*・。゚

venti smiled proudly hearing that he had accepted. "thank you master diluc" he said.

diluc sighed, "it's fine, but I need some time to organise some contacts who will also help us in this endeavour. but Outlander, Y/N, as one of the honorary knights it seems you're not a suspect and you should be safe. but for the bard. . ." he said as he turned to look at venti. "however he'll need to stay behind at the tavern" he said

venti smiled, "that's fine! no problem here. I like taverns" he said as he placed his hands on his hips with a wide grin. diluc sighed once again, already seeming to regret his decision as he could see the bard eye the dandelion wine already as he let out a frustrated grumble before he put his eyes back on the trio travellers.

"Alright, then let us meet here tonight after the tavern closes" diluc instructed as he crossed his arms. and just like that they all nodded agreeing before y/n looked at diluc. "then well see you tonight master diluc. Aether and I will go buy some things before we come back" they said. aether looked at them. "we will?" paimon asked. y/n nodded, "we will." they repeated confirming with the fairy as the trio left until night soon fell upon the guarded walls of the city of freedom.

☆゚.*・。゚☆゚.*・。゚☆゚.*・。゚

☆ FIRST-PERSON VIEW ☆
TIME SKIP

☆゚.*・。゚☆゚.*・。゚☆゚.*・。゚

We soon came back that night to the tavern. I had taken aether and made us get supplies as I knew the future for us would be more difficult. Especially since we're going against dvalin. I especially supplied some potions and vials. Knowing they would be a great boost to our combat power.

And while we were out I also got paimon food as she had kept on rambling about how hungry she was so although she's cute, she's annoying at times, so I had to shut her up. Now she was laying in my arms lazily saying she was tired.

She was more like an oversized baby instead of a majestic fairy. Well. She wasn't very majestical in the first place either since she was first found by aether due to him fishing her out when she was drowning.

Yea, she wasn't majestic in any way possible. Maybe that was her own personal charm.

But the whole day she was just either floating, disappearing in the air or just eating out both Aethers and is wallets with the biggest ever grin on her face. I'm pretty sure if it weren't for her being so puppy-like. Aether would have attacked her because he was broke 24/7 because of the pixie.

Aether always looked so annoyed each time but I didn't mind, mostly because it was funny watching the ramble at one another. And it was obvious aether didn't take it seriously neither did paimon because she giggled like a child, sticking out her tongue at him while hiding behind me. Using me as a shield as I just laughed at their siblings like antics. It was nice watching them.

But now here we were inside the tavern to see diluc, Jean and venti there already.

Aether was the first to speak out when we arrived. "Acting Grandmaster Jean??" Aether said out loud surprised. Jean turned in our direction and raised a brow. "traveler? What are you doing here?" She asked.

Diluc spoke first before aether or I could say. "they will be helping us Jean, and aether. This was the contact I was talking about previously" he explained to us as venti was in the corner trying to snag another bottle. But diluc turned, glaring causing him almost to drop the bottle but caught it and quickly put it back. Venti quickly, and awkwardly turned away humming trying to not make it obvious he almost broke a precious bottle as he got up and walked over to us and giggled. "You're back!" He hummed at us, and mostly in my direction I noticed. Aethers once happy mood seemed to gloom at this.

I decided not to pay too much attention to this as I kept my eyes on Jean and diluc. Knowing how this was going to turn out.

Diluc soon spoke. "well, I invited Jean here not as the acting grand master but as herself." He explained before pausing. I nodded as did aether

As he paused he spoke again. "This is a version of Jean you'd never seen. Not even as your title selves as honorary knights" he explained before he crossed his arms and stood up straight.

Jean nodded, "yes, but this is a surprise" she said as she raised a brow at both aether, Venti and i "I knew about holy lyer. But I did not suspect it was the two of you." She said as she shook her head. "But I know you wouldn't take unnecessary risks. Especially you Y/n. So I suppose that the holy lyer having the power to turn storm terror back to himself is true then?" She asked. Looking at all of us, diluc included.

Venti nodded with a hum. His hands on his hips. "Indeed! The holy lyer indeed does have this power" he said before he turned his head towards both aether and I and gave a small wink. I raised a brow at this as both diluc and Aether's eyebrows furrowed at this action.

I snickered. "I'm pretty sure out of everything it was. It was just breaking the law Venti" I spoke. He stopped and he let out a small huff of both embarrassment and mischief.

Jean sighed and looked at all of us. Diluc looked worried, although it was not obvious, it was easy for me to see as I noticed as his grip had tightened on his sleeve, and the way he posed was if he was trying to show himself and others leadership as he looked at Jean. It was much similar to a business man trying to get his brand deal cross. But instead he just looked at Jean with this as he spoke.

"We could always get the bard to sing and show you what he had told us to help you believe us-" but before he could finish. Jean looked up, her face of contemplation finished and instead a final answer was given to all of us.

"I believe you." She said. Diluc stared at he wide eyed as if someone had changed his beloved grape juice for alcohol. Damn he really didn't expect Jean to agree that easily.

Jean sighed, "I had already suspicions on something bad happening to dvalin as he was one of the four winds, a deity who always protected Monstad. So for him to just. . . Do this, I didn't really believe it. But if he had gotten poisoned like all those years ago due to the battle. . ." She frowned at the thoughts which circled her head it seemed.

She looked up. "It is my duty, as both as the grandmaster and as a person of Monstad to help our beloved deity to come back in any way possible" she explained.

Venti seemed pleased at not only that but seemed to be in a happy mood. "Great!" He said with a clap getting everyone's attention as everyone turned to look at him.

"Now we need to find the holy lyer. Because the fatui were the ones who stole it" he explained. Diluc sighed.

"Yes, and I already have some traces of where it is. But because there's two places where it was traced down to. We'll have to split up into two teams." He explained as he crossed his arms.

Jean nodded. "That sounds good, how about I go with aether and Venti. You go with y/n?" She asked.

Aether and Venti eyes widened and looked like wild cats ready to scratch at everything and everyone but before they could say anything diluc nodded. His hand covering his mouth slightly

"That sounds good to me." He said, hiding his smile under his hand as he turned to look at me.
"As long as you're okay with it, y/n" he asked. Double checking.

I chuckled, "yes. I don't see why not"

☆゚.*・。゚☆゚.*・。゚☆゚.*・。゚

☆ APOLOGY☆

I apologize for the lack of updates. My life has been one hell of a ride these past months and the last thing on my mind has been wattpad. It's not because I don't love this book. I do, I truly do. But my priority has always been school. And now I'm heading to university and I only have a month left of summer. So while I have time left. I will write and try to stack up as many chapters as I can before summer finishes. I plan to have up to 10 chapters written and every week I'll post those chapters. But I'm not sure if it'll work. But I promise I will always come back to finish this book

☆゚.*・。゚☆゚.*・。゚☆゚.*・。゚

WORDS: 1600
PUBLISHED ON: 29/08/2022
EDITED ON:

☆゚.*・。゚☆゚.*・。゚☆゚.*・。゚