Chapter Six

The next day, I told Lonnie about how Leo, Leonardo, and Brian found the Hot Springs. She wasn't mad at all! She said it wasn't our fault that they followed us, and it's our choice of who we wanted to know about the Hot Springs. Plus, Lonnie thought that it was great that we were gaining new friends from school.

So everyday, the six of us would go to the Hot Springs to hang out. We always had a great time together. Just the six of us in a glorious place.

Stacy keeps on trying to bully me, but I try to not let her bother me. But sometimes, what she says really hurts. She makes fun of me being a runt. But what she doesn't know is that every insult she makes towards me being a runt makes me work harder to be an Alpha to prove to everyone who thinks like Stacy, even those who don't, will learn that just because you're a runt, doesn't mean you're weak or helpless.

In addition, some new school activity called the Wolf Games is coming up. I didn't know anything about it, so I went to ask Mr. Rocket.

He said that the Wolf Games were a series of challenges, so wolves could show off their moves. It was only for my age group, and there was one every year. But you only get one chance in your life to be in the games, and it's only for fourteen year old Alphas-in-training.

This would be a great opportunity for me to show the pack that runts aren't weak. Of course, I will truly prove that when I become an Alpha after I take the PAW Test, but this could be another step on the way towards my goal. The problem was that you needed a team to qualify. Luckily, I knew just who to get.

"Guys!!!" I called as I neared my five friends.

"Hey, Kate," Lucy said, turning her head to look at me.

"What's up?" Leo asked, so I began to tell them about the Wolf Games and that we should be a team in them.

Each one of them loved the idea, so we signed up. Everyone took a vote to find out who would be team captain.And everyone voted for me! I was so excited. I wouldn't let them down.

That day after the howl for the end of school sounded, we bounded off to another secret place that not even Lucy and Molly knew about. Not even Lonnie knew about it. I was the only one.

It was on the outskirts like me and Lonnie's den was, but still quite a bit away from the den. At least far enough that you couldn't hear anyone from there to the den.

The trees of the forest gave way to a vast open area surrounded by cliffs. It was extremely similar to the cliffs at school. The others stared in awe, and I turned around to face them.

"This is it." I said as a smile spread across my face. "Now nobody knows about this place but us, so nobody can tell anyone else about these cliffs."

"How do you keep finding places like this?" Leo asked me, still looking around in amazement.

I shrugged in return. "I kind of just stumbled across this place one day when I was little. I've known about this place since I was eight. I have been training myself to be an Alpha ever since." I explained to them.

"So that's how you got so good! And then to train yourself! Kate, that is incredible. But...but why didn't you tell me and Molly about it sooner? We're your best friends." Lucy was clearly hurt, and so was Molly.