Chapter Ten

I laid in my bed with my head on my paws. I tried to fall asleep, but I just couldn't. I was too nervous and excited.

Tomorrow is the PAW Test, and I was worried about how I would do on it. I mean if I pass this test, I become an Alpha.

I stood up and walked out of my room quietly. Lonnie was sleeping in her room which was next to mine. I made my way through the living room and outside.

Then, I ran.

I felt free as the warm air swirled around me. The moon shined as bright as the sun overhead.

I finally arrived at my cliffs. I ran around them doing tricks, even learning a new one which was to roll over in the air. It took a couple of tries, but I soon got it down.

I decided that I should probably practice my hunting skills, so I stalked off to find my prey.

🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾

Lonnie stumbled out of her room yawning loudly. But when she saw me, she went wide-eyed.

"What in the world is that?!" She cried at me.

I looked to my right at the five-foot pile of dead animals that I had hunted. "Breakfast?" I said with a smile.

"How did you catch all of this?" Lonnie asked as she circled the pile, observing it.

I shrugged in return. "I just hunt."

"You must really be ready for the test," she said proudly. "Well, eat up and go. You have to be at the school in a few."
I stuffed my face, and ran out of the den.

When I got to the school, wolves were standing around outside waiting for the beginning of the tests. The younger Alphas-in-training didn't have school today because of the PAW Tests.

Lucy beckoned me over to the rest of the group. Lucy's paw had healed completely since last year. She was back to her regular self.

"Hey, you ready?" She asked me as I trotted along side her to our friends.

"More or less," I replied nervously.

"You'll do fine. I know you'll pass and so will all of us." Lucy added as we neared everyone.

The howl that signaled the beginning of the PAW Tests rang from inside the caves. But unlike every other day, everyone there howled with the lone howl as we entered the school.

Captain Mace stood at the front of the classroom where Mr. Rocket usually stood. "Welcome to the PAW Tests. You will be assessed on your knowledge and skill. If you pass, you will become an Alpha at the Awarding Ceremony. But if you don't, you will be told that you will not be an Alpha, and you don't get a second chance." Captain Mace explained as he looked around at all of us.

Several students pawed the ground nervously while others looked confident in themselves.

Ten adult wolves walked into the room and took about twenty students a piece away, deeper into the school.

A young gray wolf took me and several others students to a small cave covered in moss. We all lined up in a row, and the first student went in.