16 - Betray

Aaron

After I sent Aurelia home and worked a little more on my laptop. There was an urgent meeting placed tonight. I really have no idea but it's on a mole and apparently they have an idea on who it may be. It's at 12. I look at the time and it's 11.40. I messaged Ice and told him, if he wanted he could just stay with Aurelia. I would be going straight home anyways so I'll be able to fill him in. I head out my room and walk into the furthest room, I scan my hand and make my way to lower ground floor. I walk pass the shooting ring and head towards the door on the left. I head towards the meeting room. If you go further down there will be stairs leading to the basement where most people are bought to get information out of or to be punished by any means. I open the door and there are only a few people in this room. Greyson, Chase and some other trustable men. I take a seat. "I'm already saying this, don't you dare fucking waste my time. This better be worth my time." Greyson tells me that our latest shipment got blown up. I'm already fuming but I tell him finish his stupid talk. "We know who the mole may be, boss?"
"Fucking speak then."
They all look at each other like lost puppies. I slam my hand against the desk receiving their attention.
"Fucking speak up." My voice is harsh
"Boss we've got all the name of the people who have unlimited access to the system and we've come to the conclusion that they may be a possibility that it's..."
"It's fucking who, speak up then"
"Your wife"
"What you are fucking stupid."
"Boss it adds up. We think you should keep an eye on her and enable her to trust you."
I stand up and dismiss them. I head back upstairs and grab my belongings.
I need to find out if Aurelia is the mole. It does add up because why would she agree to this marriage unless she needs to feed information to the Russians but how did I not realise. My blood is boiling.

Aurelia

Me and Ice finished Purple Hearts and to be honest I feel like it could have been better. It was really good don't get me wrong but it was a little fast. We check the time and it 12.30 ish. Me and Ice head towards the kitchen and set up the island with plates and cups. Ice bring out the white pasta. We also had some leftover pizza. I heat it up and place it on the kitchen island.
"Ice how long-" before I can ask how long it would take Aaron to come, we hear the gate open. I immediately get up and make sure everything is perfect. I quickly head to the door and open it before Aaron reaches. He look dreadfully tired. His hair is all messed up. He comes in and look up to me. His eyes are darker than usual and it's makes me shiver.
"Aaron we've made something for you." I grab my hand and were nearly there when he pulls his hand away. I was confused. His action made me question myself. "Aaron is everything okay." He doesn't reply. I hold his hand and take him to the kitchen. He looks really mad right now. Maybe his favourite food will help with that. I take the white pasta and put it in a smaller bowl. I move it towards Aaron and place it on the table.
"Here". Aaron clenches his fist and smashes the bowl. My heart starts breathing fast.
Ice comes towards us and stand in our way.
"Hey Aaron man, let have a talk."
Aaron pushes Ice out the way and come closer to my face. "Drop the act." His voice is laced with venom.

I can feel the tears forming and I really hate to admit it but I'm really sensitive. I look into Aaron's eyes and he looks worried. However he wipes it out and comes closer to me. He holds me hand and look right at me. "Aurelia I'm just really tired." He excuse himself and leaves. Ice is about to run away him but before he goes he tells me that it probably because of work . I nod my head at him and he goes after Aaron. I knee down and start picking up the pieces of broken glass on the floor. I can feel the tears running down my face. I suddenly feel pain which distract me from my thoughts. I look down at my hand and see that I'm clenching the glass. My hand is bleeding. The red blood drips to the floor and pain overtakes my previous pain. My hand feels numb and I drop the glass from my hand. I get up and run towards my room. It so fucking hard. Why can't I be perfect?
I don't know how to feel about this. I really don't. I go into the bathroom and clean the blood. I add a bandage and lie on my bed. My eyelids feel heavy and just as I'm about to fall asleep, my phone vibrates. I look to see Sofia has sent me messages.
She asked me why I wasn't in collage and what happened after the party. She also said if I don't come collage tomorrow she will drag me from my house. I quickly message her that I'll be in school and lie back down.

Stop no. Stop no.
I wake up screaming. Another day, another nightmare. At this point it has become a routine. I head to the bathroom and freshen up. I think at night time my hand started bleeding again because the whole bandage in covered in blood. I change my bandage and change into some jeans and a green top. I grab my black bag and head downstairs. I mentally thank God because I see neither Ice nor Aaron. I head outside and grab the car that's right there. I drive onto the main road and to the college. My first lesson is biology, I make my way inside and sit next to Sofia. We catch up on what has happened.
"Hey Aurelia."
I turn around to Chase, grinning.
"Hi"
He asks me about Aaron and I try to change the topic which I thought i would fail at but thankfully it worked and that's probably because I asks him if he could hang out with my sometime. The teachers comes inside and the lesson begins.
"Pss"
"What Sofia."
"You like him don't you."
I explain to Sofia that's he's just a nice guy and that being friends would him won't hurt. Plus I have a so called husband not that I told her that though. Thank god nobody noticed my hand. It probably because I hid it in my sleeve.

After biology we head outside and Chase joins us with some of his friends. We just talk and get to know each other. Being when Sofia and people like Chase prove to me that there are people out there who are not like my father. Chase asks me if I would come to watch him play tomorrow. I told him that I'll think about it but he said I have too since we're friends now. We exchange number and he tells me that he will drop me a message tonight and let me know the location.

Happy reading :)
Sorry if this chapter isn't good.
I was feeling lazy today 😭☹️
Comment and vote
♥️🍓