22 - Why me?

Aurelia

Yesterday afternoon Aaron didn't answer me question since he had to go to the warehouse due to a call he got. At times like these I really wonder if he has a system in place to avoid having conversation like these. Annoying.

To be honest I didn't really understand what to do. When he bought me the strawberry milkshake and the strawberries coated in chocolate I didn't get it. But later on I understood that it may have been his way of saying sorry. Plus he doesn't know my past. Neither does he know what I've been through. I must say he is a very confusing person like it can't be that difficult to say sorry. I feel like it more difficult to not say apologise.

After he left I didn't really do anything other than sit in my room and just pick up a book and read.

It's been an hour or so and Lyra just came in to tell me that Aaron wants me downstairs. I put my book down on the night stand and get out my bed. I really can't be asked but I don't want to get Aaron mad. I put my hair in a ponytail and head downstairs.
I see Aaron on the dinning table, he on his phone as usual. I head towards him.

"Hi."
He hums. I take a sit next to him and the maids start bringing in the food.
"Aaron?"

He doesn't look up at all. I snatch his phone from his hand and he immediately stops my action.
He raise his one of his eyes brow and looks right into my eyes.

"You're literally not giving me any attention."
He smirks and pulls my chin towards his face.
"Princess are you craving for my attention. Are you now?"
"What. No."

I roll my eyes at him and
Sigh. Aaron takes his phone back and starts putting some rice on his plate. I reach for some chips and place it on my plate. It's dead silent for 0.2 seconds and i must say, I HATED IT.

"Aurelia there's a charity gala coming soon and you'll be going with me."
He sounds so unbothered.
"WHAT. why me?"
I'm actually surprised that he's asked me to come and I'm still processing it.
"Because you're my wife." He rolls his eyes and takes his phone out his pocket.

"When?"
"Tomorrow."
"WHAT."
His ideal of soon isn't really soon. STUPID.
"No." I cross my arms and stare right into eyes.

"Aurelia i really don't have time for this shit just do as you're told for fuck sake."

Before i have a chance to argue Aaron intruppts me.
"I can't stay for dinner. I have to go to the warehouse."
I hum and hear his footsteps walk away.
When i hear the front door shut, i get up and head upstairs. I take a breathe in and rethink what will be happening tomorrow. I'll be going to a charity gala everyone from different Mafias will be there. They wilk know what's going on and i won't. Im scared. I really don't want to embarrass Aaron but i literally don't know anything about the mafia or anything related to it.

I head into the bathroom and cleanse my face. I then change into a hoodie and some leggings. It's cold tonight. I literally have a strong passionate hate for winter.
OH EXCEPT the hoodies and oversized t-shirts. I cover my mouth as i yawn and make my way to the bed. I cuddle myself with the blanket trying to get as much heat as possible. For some strange reason i am really tired. All i want right now is sleep.

The charity gala is in a hour or so.

When i woke up there were multiple voices downstairs that i figured had woken me up.

It seemed that someone had bought an entire dress shop in Aaron's living room, with racks and racks of floor length to short dresses, high heels and accessories that matched each individual piece of clothing.