Chapter 5: A Strange Meeting of Six

Me and Ayanokoji were going to talk Hirita and Kushida after class, but neither of them were to be found.
Horikita scoffed at us, "Already failing your job, huh?"
She sounded disgusted with us, like we couldn't do a single thing.
"I still expect results," she said as she walked out of the classroom.
"I'm guessing you don't have either of their numbers?"
"Nope."

Crap. Not that I cared that Horikita would be disappointed, but I truly didn't want anyone to get expelled. Though that may sound sentimental, I had other reasons.
"I have an idea of where Kushida might be," said Ayanokoji.
"Okay, you lead the way."
-
To my surprise, we went to the mall, and to our usual studying spot.
When we arrived to the Cafe, we saw Kushida sitting with 2 Class B girls.
I knew neither of their names, but I had heard about them from the other boys.
Two girls from Class B who were "hot" and "super nice" coming from the other boys in the class.

One looked similar to Horikita in a way, but she was definitely more built and taller. The other had blond hair with a body similar to Kushida's.
They were all smiling and talking.
Ayanokoji nodded at me, and we moved forward to their table.

"Oh! Ayanokoji and Katagiri!" Said Kushida when we walked over.
The class B girls immediately studied us like I thought they would.
There evaluations ended quickly as neither of us looked too unique.

I took a seat beside Kushida, and Ayanokoji sat at the end of the table, beside me and the blonde girl.

"Hello! My name is Ichinose and this is Shiho!"
She really looked happy, but I wondered if she kept her last name from us purposefully.

"Kiyotaka Ayanokoji"
"Katagiri Yuuichi."
I extended my hand, and Shiho shook it.
"Nice to meet you."
"Yeah."

I decided to end our conversation with these two there because our business wasn't with them.
Although...no. A brief thought came to my mind, but I banished it.

"Something wrong?"
It seemed Ayanokoji saw the slight twitch in my face.
"No, it's nothing. Anyway, Kushida, we came here to talk to you."
"Oh, me?"
Kushida was always smiling no matter the situation. It made me uncomfortable.
"Yes we need your hel-"
"Oh, Hirata!"

I turned to where Kushida was looking, and saw Hirata looking at our table. It almost felt like fate, but I doubted that.
He walked over to our table.
"Hello everyone."

Getting a closer look at him, I could definitely see why he was always surrounded with girls and boys alike. He seemed kind, but I was becoming restless. I didn't like to think about what would happen if I became too tired.

"Oh, have a seat. We actually need to talk to you as well," I invited him to sit.
He sat down at the other end of the table, and looked at me and Ayanokoji, waiting.
"Hirata, and Kushida...you seem to be the people in our class with the most influence and you know the most people, correct?"

"I wouldn't exactly say that."
They somehow said it at the exact same time, and I could tell I would become angry if this kept up.
I decided to let Ayanokoji handle it.
"Well that's what it looks like to us, so we were wondering if you could convince the other students in our class to study, so they can stay in the school. Horikita would help them."

Hirata perked up once he heard that. "I was thinking the same thing, I would hate to lose anyone."
Ichinose agreed. "I would never let anyone in my class get expelled."
Shiho nodded, and it seemed that everyone was in agreement.

"I will help you, but I also want your help with something," said Kushida.
"What is it?"
"I want you to help me become friends with Horikita."

I had to stop myself from leaving right then and there. But Ayanokoji obliged. "Okay we can help you with that, if you can study with her."
"Okay!" Kushida said with a bright smile on her face.
"I'll convince everyone I can," said Hirata.
He was kind, and he would help us. This was a success, and I'm sure Horikita would at least be a little impressed, even if she never shows it.

"So are you guys going to get anything?," asked Ichinose.
"Sorry I'm tired and I need to study as well."

I picked up my stuff, and to my surprise, so did Ayanokoji. "Your not going to stay?"
"I'll come with you."

It seemed he didn't want to stay either. You had to be a certain type of person to become friends with these people. Even if they said they would make friends with everyone, I know I couldn't interact with them normally.

We were almost out of the Cafe when someone grabbed my shoulder.
"Ayanokoji?"
"Look."

He was looking back at the table. The long hair guy from Class C stood over them.
"His name is Ryuuen."
"Oh."

We stood quietly and watched.
"You sure are close now, Inchinose. Shiho."
"Hello Ryuuen."
Despite his tone and words, Ichinose still smiled.

"I think I've heard rumors of you to being..."
He whispered in her hear.
"Those are just rumors Ryuuen, try not to spread them."
I could at least infer what he said.
Ryuuen began to walk away from the table, and me and Ayanokoji left.

I decided to keep the event in the back of my mind. Though it looked like normal teasing, I'm sure it would become very important later on.
———————————————————
Next Chapter: Study Groups/ Kushida's Effort 9-2-22