Chapter 31: A Demon and a so called Angel

Before reading: This chapter takes place after Kotonoha is already back on the ship, but her conversation with Ayanokoji will be in the next chapter.
The chronological timeline looks like this:
Chapter 30-  first half of chapter 32  - chapter 31  - second half of chapter 32
Enjoy this chapter!
—————————————-
(Yuuichi POV)

Soon after I was put in the hospital, the ship was docked on the island.

A nurse on the ship came to check on me every once in a while, but that was about the only interaction I've had in a while.

Hospital rooms feel very familiar. I've never been in the bed myself though.

What I woke up to this morning though, was definitely a surprise.

Three girls asleep in my room.
Chiaki, Kotonoha, and I think that's the girl Ayanokoji talked to a while ago. Hiyori.

Chiaki and Kotonoha were sitting on chairs, but their heads were on my stomach.
Hiyori was asleep on the couch in the room.

I yelled at Hiyori earlier in the first part of the exam, and I really don't feel like talking to Kotonoha.

I have the meeting in 20 minutes, so avoiding contact with them may be a problem.

I send a message to the other person, and try to slip out.
-
"Oh, good morning."
"Morning."
"Good morning Yuuichi."

I got out of bed to get out of the hospital gown, but they all woke up as soon as my feet hit the ground.
Why did it have to be these three?

I decided to just ignore it, and begin to get the shirt on that the nurse left earlier.
I was allowed to leave the room, but I was not allowed to leave the boat.

"So, what are you all doing in here?"

I glanced at them as I got up, and they all seem a bit injured. Kotonoha's face has scratches, Hiyori has a cast, and I already know what is wrong with Chiaki.

I guess they were all disqualified. None of them are really surprises though.

"I think we all just came to check on you, but then just fell asleep."

Chiaki is not scared to answer.

"So, did you all come in here together, or..."

"Nope, they came in after me though."

I already knew most of this, but I might as well hear it from a direct source.

"So, Yuuichi, who is this?"

They both look over to Kotonoha. Hiyori already knows who she is, but she is probably wondering why Kotonoha is in here. She perks up, so I'm sure she'll answer herself.

"I'm Katagiri Kotonoha. Nice to meet you."

They both look at her surprised.

"Wow Yuuichi, she really has the same evil smile as you. Are you related?"

"No, that's a fake last name she's using."

Kotonoha glares at me, but I focus on the message I received.

Chiaki puts her head back on the bed seductively.
"So, you have three girls in your room now, what are you going to do?"

"I see none of you as girls."

I have no idea why any of them came into my room, but the door can hit them on their way out.

"I'm leaving."

They all share glances, and I can tell they want to ask where I'm going.

"Alright, I'll be waiting for you to get back. I'm still pretty tired."