Chapter 32: Alone on the Island

Quick reminder: The chronological timeline is:
Chapter 30 - Part 1 of Chapter 32 - Chapter 31 - Second part of chapter 32.
I will label the parts here.
Everything after this chapter is linear.
————
Part 1
(Ayanokoji POV)

We are about halfway back to the boat.

I'm very worried that the teachers will start to get suspicious on whether or not I'm the one hurting these girls.
To be fair, I did get Ibuki out. I learned her name from Kotonoha.
Getting Kotonoha injured was also partly my doing, even if I never actually touched her.
Maybe I'm not completely innocent.

Ibuki has no certain proof against me, so the school will probably pay no attention to her. It's just her word against mine.

Kotonoha takes the inhaler off her face.

"Can you really carry me all the way there?"

The terrain was rough and not at all flat, but I could handle it.

"You said you were going to tell me about your past with Yuuichi."

She looks right up at my face, almost like she's contemplating whether or not to tell me.

"Honestly, I don't know you very well Ayanokoji. But maybe your important to him in some way. I've never seen him with anyone else, at least in the time I was with him. I'll tell you, but if you use this to take him down, just know that I'm no stranger to violence."

Despite her words and threat, she continues to smile like a normal school girl. It's not fake like Kushida's, but it also doesn't seem to show any happiness.

I have no intention or need to use this information against Yuuichi.
But his past is something I have been wondering for a while.
Kotonoha does not know everything it seems, but anything I can get is fine.

Her threats kind of seem ironic though, considering I'm the one carrying her.
I won't mention that though.
-
"My mother was a terrible human being. My father divorced her because she didn't give birth to a boy, so she treated me terribly. Even when I was just 5 years old, I was apparently the fault for everything."

She now wore a strait, almost angry face.

"She brought suitors back to our house and tried to baby trap them, then if that didn't work out, she would try to give me away to them. She told them they could rape me if they wanted to. I lost my virginity at the age of 10 because of her."

As we got into more tough terrain, she proceeded.

"She never had food for me and I couldn't use any appliance in the house. I had my first shower at 13 after she died. I got food from our neighbors if they felt like being kind that day."

I've never really lived normally, and it seems she hasn't either. It's no use discussing who had it worse though.
Two things can be sad.
-
"My mothers pride ended up being the death of her. She had asthma, but she refused to get treatment because she refused to believe she could be anything else but healthy.
She collapsed one day, and she was taken to the hospital. I stayed with our neighbors."

One thing I've learned so far about this world is that it's good to have a nice neighbor.

"They were good I guess, but they still didn't want me using any appliances. They didn't trust me either. I ate and drank well though, just that was a major upgrade."

She started to smile more now. Not really a sadistic smile, just a broken one.

"One day I visited the hospital. My mother was sleeping on her bed. I thought about what I might do. This person who has always looked down on me was in pain. I didn't feel bad at all, not an ounce of empathy."