Chapter 9: The boys pool mission

Before reading: I did not forgot the Kushida thing, I am just changing up the order of events in the story, so the first exam is more impactful. Also, this chapter is going to be fun, but with some important events.
Enjoy this chapter!
——————————-
Soon after I texted Ayanokoji, I got another text from the group chat of boys in our class.
It was an invitation to go to the pool tomorrow, but they also wanted to meet late at night to discuss something.
I texted Ayanokoji to see what his plans were, and got a short short text back.

I'm going, I guess. It is late at night, though. Are you?

I decided to go for it, because I'm sure something might happen.
I put on a hoodie, and met Ayanokoji in the lobby. "We're going behind the convenience store."
"I wonder what it's about."
"Are you sure you should have worn your uniform?"
"I don't have many cloths, and I still haven't gone shopping."

He looked at my hoodie, and probably guessed why I was wearing it. It was a secret meeting, apparently. So I decided to dress the part.

When we got to the store, we were pulled to the side.
Almost every boy in the class was there.
They explained there plan to spy on the girls in their locker room.
Me and Ayanokoji were given the job to keep watch on certain girls. To make sure they didn't interfere. One of which, was Horikita.
I wasn't really sure if I was going to take part in this or not, but I was sure we would have to make our next move at the pool.

I decided to call Horikita that night.
Ayanokoji told me it would be a good idea to call her.
I had her number because she had given it to us when we made our group. We still only had three members, but we would find more.
I have two specific people I need, and I need to convince Horikita as well. This can be done at the pool.
She picked up after a few rings.
"Hello?"
"Do you want to go to the pool tomorrow?"
"Huh?"
"We can scout out people there, because almost everyone in class d is going."
She paused.
"Okay, but don't expect much else from me other than observing."
"Do you mean stalking?"
"Do you want me to go?"

I needed to go to bed soon.
"Yes."
She hung up, with out saying anything else.
I decided to send one more text before going to sleep.

When I arrived at the pool with Ayanokoji, Sudo, Ike, Kushida, and Yamauchi were already there. Horikita was no where to be seen. I realized I hadn't told anyone she was coming.
"Okay, let's go!"
"Wait."

Everyone looked up at me.
"I invited someone else and they are still...here."
Horikita walked up as I was finishing my sentence.
"Let's go."
She walked passed us, and continued through the gate.

Me and Ayanokoji weren't given Walkie-talkies because of our position.
We would work from signals.
After they had gotten dressed, I asked Kushida and Horikita if they wanted to play volleyball, and they both agreed.
In the boys locker room, I saw Ayanokoji's muscle's. For someone who I hadn't really seen do much, he seemed to be very strong. He might could even rival Sudo.
I was at least a little above average.
Sudo decided to play with us as well, since he had the same position, in the mission.
Ike is probably sneaking through the vents right now.

Sudo decided to be on a team with me and Horikita.
We were winning by a lot because of that.
Though, Sudo looked very nervous because of the mission.
"Sudo?" asked Horikita
"Is something wrong?"

He was sweating buckets. "No, I'm just uh...really into the game!"
He proceeded to spike the ball.

It landed near Kushida.
"Aww, come on, you guys have too good of a team!"

I guess Ayanokoji really wasn't going to try.
I was too tired to put in much effort.

A light shown in my face, and I nodded, and looked to Ayanokoji and Sudo.
This mission had a problem.

When me, Sudo, and Ayanokoji left, leaving Horikita and Kushida confused, we found two people in the Hallway.
It was Ryuuen and Arisu, both king and queen of their respective classes.
I haven't really met either of them., I just heard things about them.
"I suppose you have a plan, Arisu."

Ryuuen had a smirk on his face, and he was seemed to be provoking Arisu.
They each had body guards.
"What about you, Ryuuen? Anything suspicious going on with you?"

They both had smirks on their faces.
Sudo seemed to get angry, probably because he was worried about Ike.
Ayanokoji nodded at me, and I took a step in between them.
"Well, it seems you are blocking the Hallway."

Sudo looked surprised, while Ayanokoji watched.
"Don't interfere in other classes affairs." Said Ryuuen, even though he clearly found this amusing.
"Are you going to try to stop me?" asked Ryuuen.

"Huh?"
I took a step forward, but a hand grabbed my shoulder.
"Maybe you were right, we should move along Ryuuen."
It was Arisu.
Ryuuen looked a tad confused, but he held his smirk.
"Fine then, good luck, Arisu."

He walked away with his supposed body guards. Arisu began to walk away as well, before saying something.
"It was good to see you again, Yuuichi. I look forward to the future." She looked at Ayanokoji as well.
She snickered, as she walked the opposite direction of Ryuuen.

I walked back over to Ayanokoji and Sudo.
"Do you know her?"
I looked back at her before deciding my answer.
"I know her name, I guess. Nothing beyond that."

I looked at Ayanokoji. Silently communicating that we were both confused with what she said.
"Anyway, Ike should be-"

We heard a scream from the bathroom.
"Ah! Pervert!!"

We heard it from the girls locker room.
"Oh crap!" Sudo ran towards it, to save Ike.

I gave something to Ayanokoji before walking in the direction Ryuuen went.

When I saw them both, talking behind the pool, it told me everything I needed to know.
I couldn't hear them, but I didn't need to.

Kushida was talking with Ryuuen.

I could see from here she was some type of traitor. I knew this type of thing was coming. I thought back to what happened yesterday.

Before going to sleep, I texted Kushida the boys plan to peek on the girls. I told her it was to protect her.
Of course Kushida was going to use this.
She told Ryuuen to start something to divert everyone's attention, and she told the other girls who was in the bathroom so they would scream.

After that, she snuck away from Horikita, as planned, and is now meeting with Ryuuen.

This information was easy to obtain. I was always insightful with people, no matter how good they were at acting. And it sparked my interest when Kushida asked to become friends with Horikita. I decided to look into it, and set a plan in motion to test Kushida. Frankly, she failed the test.
This plan was all a gamble, so I wasn't very confident. But it seemed to succeed.

A smile spread across my face, one I haven't had in a while. With this information, we could win the special exam easily.
I texted Ayanokoji once more.

Before leaving the pool, we all took a picture. I got it sent to me as well.
Me and Ayanokoji walked back with Horikita.

"Did you two find anyone you want, or did you slack off the entire time?"
She glared at us, but I smiled.
The original plan was to come here and scope out people.

I looked at her, and she slightly moved back. I wasn't sure what look I had on my face. I smiled and said:

"Can we have Kushida on the team?"
———————————————————
Next chapter: Team members
A/N: