Chapter 44: Yutori Kokorogi

It was a rainy, dark Saturday and my only day off of school for the foreseeable future. I didn't bring my umbrella, but I didn't stop moving. I think I was skipping, skipping through the rain to his house.

I had bought ice cream, the kind that breaks in two. We would eat it while watching something, then see if either of us was a winner.

I was getting soaked, but I couldn't find it in me to care,  I was just so happy. How nostalgic.

I stopped skipping when your house came into sight, but something was different. There was someone in front of it I didn't recognize. A girl.

I put on my best face and walked up to her.

"Do you need something?"

I asked, but then my eyes went down to her hand. She was holding a knife that she quickly tried to hide. 

She glared at me, and it almost seemed like her red eyes were glowing in the rain.

"Who are you?"

She didn't seem interested in being friendly, but I kept it up.

"Kogorogi Yutori, hasn't Yuuichi mentioned me?"

She stared at me for a moment.

"No."

My heart dropped, and my smile faded.

"He hasn't mentioned anyone."

Lightning hit a nearby tree behind her. The only sound for a moment was the sound of raindrops.

"O-oh. Where is he?"

She slowly unhid her knife.

"Inside."

"Okay, well see you later.'

I walked past her, and as soon as I did though, she grabbed the back of my shirt.

"He hasn't mentioned you, so leave."

Her grip got tighter.

I didn't respond and instead pulled back.

Suddenly, the front door to the house opened, and Yuuichi walked out.

I smiled and kicked the girl as hard as I could with my heel, and she let go. 

I ran to his arms.

"Yuuichi, who is that?"

I pointed at the girl, who had her face down, and the back of her head was getting soaked.

Yuuichi didn't respond, so I looked up to him, only to let out a gasp.

He was bleeding from his forehead, and the drips were moving into his eyes and lips.

"Huh?"

He suddenly pushed me off and threw an umbrella on the ground.

"Take that and go home."

All went silent again, and before I knew it, my facade dropped.

"What do you mean, 'go home'? Without me coming here every day, you would be arrested by now."

"Stop."

"What? Are you going to hurt me as well?"

He didn't move and instead averted his gaze.

"No, but she has no qualms about it."

That was it, the last thing I remember before I blacked out.

One of the last things I remember seeing is the popsicles I had bought, already melted.

-

My next few weeks were spent searching for Yuuichi, and that girl. Until finally...

"I found you."

I devised a plan, got into the Advanced Nurturing High School, and landed myself in class a of all things. 

Now finally, the plan was in motion.

By the end of this sports festival, I will have Yuuichi and that girl expelled, then drop out as well.

Life will go back to the same after that. He'll be at my mercy again, and we'll be happy.

The only problem is...

"Ayanokoji Kiyotaka."

The guy who's been spending all his time with Yuuichi. 

It's no matter though.

I already have a rat in class d.

His expulsion will be nothing difficult.

Now the real game begins.

It's time for the sports festival.

---------------------------------------