Chapter 5

(An: Ayo thanks for the reads guys ilysm🤭)

While the two men talked to themselves around the corner you seemed to let your mind run free.

As a result you went back to the days before you met Sirin.

-Flashback-

"Project-Celestia. Do not forget why you were created."

You tried as hard as you could. Tears constantly ran past your eyes and mixed with the sweat that had accumulated on your forehead, now dripping onto your rags which you considered clothing.

You panted as the air from your lungs started to leave quicker than you would of wanted.

You looked at the scientists gathered around your struggling frame. After all being upside down for 30 hours could be considered impossible.

"Please..." You words started to slur as your vision became blurry.

The examiners only shook their heads in disapproval. The main scientist had exclaimed how you still had 5 hours to go until you deserved a break.

The room grew more distorted with every second that passed and your breathing became heavier.

Then you heard screams.

So many screams.

It hurt your eardrums.

You focused your weight on one hand as you covered your ear with your hand in an attempt to muffle out the sound.

You knew better than to stand. They would probably lock you in that cold cellar again.

You slightly shivered at the thought. You had closed your eyes to avoid the distractions.

The screams were probably staged anyways, to break your concentration. You tried to keep a peace of mind yet the screams and pleads for help never stopped, even for a second.

All of a sudden you felt a cold object slither across your calf. You jumped at the unexpected contact and reluctantly opened your eyes to see honey yellow ones starring back.

-present-

After drowning in my own thoughts for a few minutes, a flick to the forehead caused you to return to the present.

You could only hear snickering as you instinctively put your palms against your forehead. You muttered a small ow which was extended purely for the dramatic effect.

"Hey my lady,-" the ginger began to talk so you turned to him, also a bit confused with the title.

"You seemed to be distressed. Is something the matter?"

You reassured him that nothing was out of the ordinary; that you were just reminiscing about the past.

Sirin, who was playing with the slime she stole from you, ceased her actions and furred her eyebrows in concern mixed with worry.

'(Y/n) reminiscing about her past is nothing good.'

Sirin made a mental note to check up on you when there was less prying eyes around.

You had looked at the two males who had returned from their conversation and realized you had not told them your name.

"Oh um I forgot to introduce myself and my companion."

The shorter only hummed in agreement wanting for you to introduce yourself (even though he already knew it from legends) and looked at you with anticipation.

" Well I am called (Y/n) and she-"  you pointed at Sirin with your thumb.

"Is called Sirin, however we are also known as the Herrserchers of the void."