chapter 11

An:(so umm heeeeey... Remember when this was meant to be fluff... Ahaha...)

Blood..

So much of it..

It was everywhere, the cold cement walls, the dirty and scratched ground, your once soft and delicate hands...

One could think their vision was just painted red. Because that's what you thought. It couldn't be real because it didn't feel like it... That's a good justification.

Right herrsercher?

Why is this happening now..?

Why is there blood here in the first place..?

Why the unease bubbling and burning your chest...

Why would someone cause this?

Did some wild beast break in?

You felt sick to your stomach, everything was wrong. Maybe a life of being monitored all the time wasn't so great, but it was better than this.

You look at one of the bloodied bodies.

She was young, pretty, probably had a nice private life. No sign of ageing visible on her scar free skin.

But she was petrified. Her eyes wide with fear. The woman outstretched her hand to you, silently begging for help.

Seems she managed to survive.

You creeped closer, and outstretched your hand to her. It seeming natural to try and help. Just as your fingertips were to touch she fell limp at your feet.

Nevermind.

Silently stumbling to a secluded corner, you heaved up anything your body could get rid of. The feeling was unpleasant, more specifically the burning at the back of your throat.

As you finished and wiped your mouth, with raggedy breaths you looked at what you had just disgorged; as human instinct had it. It was black. Like a shadowy curse.

A hand reached out from it.

It discusted you and instinctively stepped back.

'(Name)...'

The puddle whispered.

'Why'd you leave...'

It's tone was one as if it was talking to an old friend who hasn't seen each other in years.

'That world isn't yours... Why are you there... Not even bothering to hide you're an imposter..'

'A sheep in wolf's clothing.'

You took another step back. Then another. Until you were left to wander and stubble around the site.

The shadow didn't follow. It stayed, but the further you got the more guilt settled into your already aching chest.

You didn't even know who or what that was. Why the need for this burning sensation?

'(Naaame)'

You took a sharp breath and turned around as you heard a whine of your name.

'Come baaack... They don't want you there...'

The voice had seemed to have returned, now coming from the corpse of an older man.

You tried to ignore it; find an exit or any help. You were confused. Where was...

What was her name again..?

'Fine you stubborn brat. Just remember you are nothing.'

The voice suddenly turned hostile, like there were multiples of it, making a pounding headache form; crashing against your skull.

'Nothing!'

You thought something similar has happened to you before but you couldn't put a finger on it.

'THIS GAME OF YOURS ISN'T EVEN OWNED BY YOU'

Shouldn't there be something about a door...?

'YOU'LL HAVE TO WAKE UP. AND WHEN YOU DO YOU'LL BE ON YOUR KNEES WAILING TO COME BAC-'

As the voice was to continue it got cut off by the host corpse going limp again, falling and splashing the puddle of it's own blood onto the nearby floor.

The liquid also made its way onto your bare feet. It was still warm. The thought made you feel a returning hurl.

This time it didn't stop. It kept going. You fell on your knees. It just kept going. You couldn't see anything but red. The feeling of sick burning your throat.

It mixed with your tears on the floor. Your hair getting dirty in the process, but did that really matter in this moment?

No.

Not now at least.

Everything can be easily washed.

cleaned
repaired
created
destroyed
Killed.

Killing is just as easy as a quick movement an-

'I'm hungry...'

The sound of your own stomach rumbling shook you out of those thoughts. Also made you realise you weren't throwing up anymore.

Shakily standing up you went to find a vending machine or a kitchen. At this point anything would do.

Anything would do.

Hours of wandering brought nothing but disappointment. The view of corpses was no longer something you cared to pay attention to. You couldn't summon the energy to care anymore.

By not looking at the floor you tripped over an uneven surface, landing on your front. You didn't have any will to move anymore.

It hurt. Everything hurt. How much time had passed..?

Time...

Something that humans use to measure.

It's just an obstruction in thinking.

'I'll do it in five minutes.'

'I'll do it tomorrow.'

It's just a poor excuse for... excuses.

It's just an endless cycle that people seem to adore...

Why..?

Why is everyone so obsessed with time..?

Hanging clocks everywhere. Having watches on their wrists. It's just a repetition of numbers. It's the moments that should be counted.

A moment is.. something you can't get back.

A moment is as quick as a millisecond.

Falling in love can last a moment
Happiness can last for a moment
Grief, sorrow lasts for a moment

They all last a few seconds before being forgotten or only remembered in another moment.

So one could say that you only stayed on the floor for a moment.

How long was that moment was a different story.

                     "I hate time."