#6: breaking curfew won't kill you

"What if we walk around the island and squeeze pass Bianca?" Luke asked, his eyes scanning the crowded kitchen. Apparently everyone ran out of drink at the same time.

Luke and I were leaning against the cupboard in the corner, strategically trying to figure out an exit plan. We had been trapped here for about twenty minutes. I looked at the narrow route Luke had suggested, before nodding slowly. It was our best bet. I began to walk over to Bianca.

"I suppose we could—okay, maybe not." I stopped mid-sentence and started a new statement, one that shut down Luke's idea.

"What? Why did we stop walking?" Luke whined as he bumped into my back.

"We've come across an obstacle." I explained, nodding my head towards Matt Kingston.

"What is Matt doing? Oh for fucks sake." Luke groaned when he realised Matt and Bianca were now full-blown making out in the middle of the kitchen, and in the middle of our escape route.

"Whose hand is that anyway?" I cocked my head. Luke remained silent, his gaze mimicking mine.

"That's irrelevant." He said after awhile, clearly giving up on trying to figure out where Bianca started and where Matt ended.

"Do we retreat back to our safe zone?" I asked, gesturing towards the corner cupboard.

"We're halfway there. Let's soldier on." Luke grimaced.

"How?"

"I've got this. Swap with me." Luke grabbed my hips and twisted us around so he was in front. He reached behind and easily intertwined his hand with mine.

A shock ran up my spine, but I'm sure Luke was just making sure he didn't loose me in the crowd. Or at least that's how I reasoned it, anyway.

I followed Luke's lead as he pushed ruthlessly passed a bunch of drunks. When we came to our main blockade, Matt and Bianca, I held my breath. Luke shoved his hand between their heads and pushed them apart.

"Man! What the hell?" Matt cursed as Luke let out a rough chuckle before continuing towards the door.

"Eat her face, or something else, upstairs." Luke advised, my eyes widening at his innuendo.  Luke glanced back at me, his lips picking up into a smirk when he realised I was blushing at his words. Thankfully he didn't comment.

Once we were in the living room I sighed happily. "This is what freedom looks like."

Luke looked amused with my dramatics. "What should we do now?"

"I don't know." I blinked, a little taken aback at how willingly he used 'we'. I had half expected him to ditch me as soon as we got here. "You're the party-pro, not me."

"I'm not so sure that you should go by my example." Luke chuckled under his breath, but he seemed serious.