#19: fucking doesn't mean lack of love

"I really don't understand why I'm the one who has to do the talking." I mumbled under my breath as Luke pushed the doors to the school open.

He shrugged his back onto his shoulder and ran his hand through his hair haphazardly, clearly trying to get rid of the bike helmet hair. I didn't even bother trying to fix mine, knowing the black helmet had done its damage.

"I really don't want to talk to her." Luke put his hands up in defence. "And I doubt you want me talking to her."

I considered his words and although he was right, I wasn't about to give him the satisfaction of knowing I'd get jealous.

"Why doesn't Ashton talk to her?" I suggested, a little hopeful that I could avoid this sense of responsibility that everyone was trying to push onto me.

"Ashton will probably kill her." Luke reasoned. "Plus he's probably crying in a corner regretting all the cocktails he had."

"I don't regret anything." Ashton cleared his throat, causing Luke and I to turn around.

Michael was half-holding Ashton up. He was clearly still intoxicated, but I'm sure he could pass it off as a flu or something.

"You brought him to school?" I was a bit surprised.

"I wasn't going to let him weep around my house." Michael replied defensively as Ashton shuffled over to his locker.

"So, you don't regret the cocktails?" I raised my eyebrow carefully, trying not to smirk when he cringed at how close my voice was.

"Maybe the pink lemonade one." Ashton groaned. "A little too much vodka in that one."

I reached out and patted his shoulder in mock sympathy. I honestly was concerned and worried about Ashton, but I knew if he thought anyone was pitying him then he'd just get mad. Joking around was really the only way he'd be able to deal with this.

"At least Hugh doesn't go here." Luke pointed out, trying to bring some positivity to the situation.

"But Katherine fucking Murphy does." Ashton paused. "That should be her new middle name considering all she does is fuck everyone, literally or figuratively take your pick."

"Someone's feeling bitchy." Calum laughed, throwing his arm around Ashton. I quickly made cutting motions across my throat, warning Calum not to go there considering he hadn't actually been present when Ashton dropped the bombshell on us all last night.

"I have every right to hate that fucking bitch." Ashton opened his locker and grabbed a few books out. Clearly he was going to act like he'd be able to focus in class, or maybe he was hoping he wasn't that hung over. Either way he was wrong.

"What happened?" Calum raised his eyebrow. "I swear I miss all the good stuff."