#12: don't overestimate my control

My mind was doing backflips. "What?"

"Please." He said it in that same tone as the one back at my house. That tone that makes me want to picture what else I could get him to beg for.

"Why?" I rasped out, trying to keep control. "If this is some lesson..."

Luke covered my mouth quickly before shaking his head. I desperately wanted to brush away the strand that fell across his forehead in a delicious manner.

"I want to kiss you because the thought of your skin against mine has been driving me fucking crazy." He growled, dipping his head slightly so our noses brushed. "I want to kiss you because the feel of your lips was enough to make me want to drown in you."

Definitely not the responses I had been expecting.

"Okay." I breathed loudly. "Yeah, okay." I rushed out, wanting to feel his lips against mine. If I was being honest with myself, I had wanted this familiar feeling since the first time Luke kissed me.

I slide my hands down to Luke's waist just for the way his eyes got a shade darker, for the way his tongue darted out to wet his lips.

"Alright," He swallowed, reaching out a hand to press it against the wall by my head.

He leant in enough that the length of his arm all the way to his elbow is pressed against the wall, and our lips are inches apart. Luke pressed our foreheads together delicately, enough that it made my mouth curve into a soft smile, made him take a slow breath.

It was silent for a moment, our noses brushing as one of us moved forward only for the other to pull back slightly. After what seemed like an endless game, his lips finally pressed against mine. I shut my eyes and immediately leant into the kiss, moving my lips slowly. It didn't feel as rushed or lustful as the kiss they shared in the school hallway, which was a bit ironic.

Luke kissed like he talked, slow and lazy with his fingers pressed into my hips. Without the urgency of our first kiss, Luke tastes soft and sweet, like something comfortable and lived-in, like we've done this a hundred times.

When Luke finally pulled away, he wore a smug expression but I merely smiled and knocked my forehead against his softly.

"Lesson twelve; don't overestimate my control." Luke breathed, before pulling back and shooting him a grin. His soft laughter echoed throughout the Haunted House and that was enough to make me forget about my confusion.

We managed to make it through the rest of the house without any screams on my behalf. I didn't bring up the kiss, still a bit unsure what it really meant. Luke said it wasn't a lesson but that still didn't reassure me. I decided to put the entire event out of my head and just enjoy the rest of the night.

I could fret over whatever was happening between us later tonight when I was alone. I was about to suggest the clown game when my phone vibrated in my pocket.