#24: the truth always comes out

MOOD BOARD: LUKE HEMMINGS

If someone had told me three hours ago that Michael would be up on a stage with a pole, swinging his hips in a circular motion, I would have laughed.

However, considering the amount of alcohol he had consumed since we entered the Gay club, I really wasn't surprised at what I was seeing. In fact, the only thing surprising about this situation was that it was Michael up there and not Calum.

Luke was standing next to me, his eyes sparking with amusement as he raised his hand, phone at the ready, and steadily filmed Michael spinning around the pole.

"I'm glad I stopped after the first tequila shot." Luke chuckled, his voice low and rough, probably due to the smoke machines.

I nodded in agreement. I had only drunken the one drink Ashton ordered for me. After that it was purely soft drinks and Luke surprised me by doing the same.

Michael had pulled me to the side and explained that Luke would rarely drink around me. When I questioned him further, Michael merely shrugged and said something about a protective streak. I didn't understand the conversation at all, but I didn't push Michael nor did I ask Luke about it.

I tilted my head as Michael's entire body shifted upside down. He now had his legs wrapped around the pole, with his back arched so his head was upside down.

"I'm actually kind of impressed." I admitted, a smirk playing on my lips as I turned my back to the scene. Luke shoved his phone back into his pocket, no doubt saving the video under a 'blackmail' file.

"I'm more impressed that we managed to lose Ashton." Luke took a sip of his water before looking around the dance floor. "Seriously, he's been MIA for at least an hour."

"I don't think he's lost." I gave Luke a pointed look. "Gabriel has also conveniently been on his hour break."

"Oh." Realisation struck Luke, and he started to grin. "Well, go get him tiger."

I rolled my eyes and flicked some water at Luke. I began swirling random patterns into the table using the condensation from our cups. A few minutes later, Calum had returned to the table. His face was flushed and his hair was sticking out at odd angles.

"I love this place." He sighed happily. "The girls think I'm gay so they have absolutely no problem with grinding against me on the dance floor."

"Lesson twenty-four; the truth always comes out." I said drily, my eyes scanning the room once more for Ashton. He had texted me thirty minutes ago, confirming that he was with Gabriel so I wasn't worried, I was just thinking about leaving.

"What's that mean?" Calum whined.

"It means that they're going to figure out the truth when you inevitably screw up." I laughed under my breath, but Calum shrugged it off, clearly not caring about the risk.