Chapter 4 - Pearl has appeared and she wishes for blood

TWs: Gaslighting, Death, Gore, 5-AM Pearl (Need I say more?)

POV: DoubleLife!Pearl

"SCOTT NO-'' She screamed as she realized his plan.

But it was too late. Scott swiped the iron against the flint, sparks landing on the TNT as they ignited, and with a sad smile, gave her a salute from his position among the pile of explosives.

She ran forwards, reaching out as if it'd stop the explosion. But it did nothing as the world exploded. With a bone shaking 'BANG', fire engulfed Scott, the shockwave from the explosion knocked her down into the earth, sending pain racking through her whole body, her arm twisting unnaturally, her vision blurring as her head slammed against the ground.

She heard the whimpers of pain from some of her pack of wolves, the others yelping in panic and concern, their voices blurring into a cacophony of cries of distress and panic due to the ringing in her ears.

She coughed weakly as warm blood threatened to choke her, the crimson liquid spraying onto the grass. Smoke stung her lungs as she gasped for breath, every gasp of air racking her whole body with pain, mixed with more of her life blood literally spraying onto the grass as her body  tried to preserve it's self.

She should be dead, that type of explosion would have instantly killed Scott... She'd nearly died as is, and she was barely in the radius of the explosion. So why didn't she die? The two of them were still soulbound, the last two standing...

Well it didn't matter. She was likely going to die anyway. Coughing up blood implied internal bleeding, and there was no chance of emergency first aid helping that... The only think that remotely could save her was a health potion, and since she could barely move, let alone open her inventory...

"You can thank me for the fact your still breathing - Let me heal you. We don't want our victor dying on us." A voice spoke above her.

Purple light shimmered around her, the agony, blurred vision, and the ringing disappearing. Her lungs stopped fighting every breath, and a wave of strength came over her as violet light shimmered up and down her body as the world dramatically shifted out of focus, before sliding back. She coughed out one last mouthful of blood, but she was glad to find that no more of the valuable liquid spilled from her mouth afterwards.

She pushed herself up into a sitting position once the light vanished... She didn't trust whoever this was for one second. People never helped others unless it was for their own gain. She knew this as a truth. After all, Scott only tried to come to her once she was the most fortified, same with Martyn, Cleo, Grian and Scar...

Pearl glanced around for her wolves, and saw the wolves that were uninjured, including, thankfully, Tilly, now on her red life, defensively standing nearby, snarling and yipping at the feet of a imposing being flying a few feet out of the reach of the furious beasts. That accounted for five of the wolves, while the other three were behind Pearl, injured, but not as badly, but still unable to fight.

"Who are you! What are you doing to her! Pearl, do we need to kill it? Pearl are you okay? We'll rip it apart!" Was the basics of what the wolves were yapping, although given the overlapping voices it was hard to understand.

"Calm-" She whispered to them. "Keep the pressure on them... whoever it is, but don't attack... Not yet."
"Whatever you say Pearl." Tilly yapped, turning to the other four wolves. "You heard her! Don't attack it!"

The wolves stopped leaping, but began to circle the being, snarling and showing their fangs. Pearl turned to the being, standing up shakily.

"Who are you and what do you want?" She asked coldly, accessing her inventory to equip her axe  as she glared at the being. She would have preferred to have her shield and bow, but both were destroyed due to the explosion.

Entwining Lives - A Hermitcraft & The Life series crossoverजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें