Chapter 22 - All falls down

TW: Trauma, Manipulation, Derealization, Mentions of death, Mentions of slight gore, Suicidal idealization and attempted suicide (NOT Graphic, and more 'My hand has been forced' kinda thing), Self-destructive behaviors

This is a very heavy chapter, please stay safe! If you aren't in the right place to read this, DON'T Force yourself. Your health comes first <3 /p

POV: Grian (Hermitcraft)

He opened his eyes to see a mask within his grasp. The time that had passed had been fuzzy, almost impossible to remember.  He hadn't been lying when he said a week - He was within the hermitcraft server.

But five days had passed. He'd made the deal. He had two more days of panic, before he could leave.

Before he could stop himself from hurting anyone else.

Permanently.

Two more days.

He stared at the ceiling of the obsidian box he'd made for himself. He'd finished their control... Maybe it was safe to go get food? No, he couldn't risk it. What if they took control again? He could go two more days without food. It'd be fine.

There was nothing to do in this room but pace. He'd realized that early on, after the deal had been made on the first day.

He wanted to smash that accursed mask, but there was no way they'd let him.

Maybe it was easier to just let himself drift away in their control again. But his brain, his common sense, wouldn't let him. If he willingly went under, who knows when he'd come back? And if they escaped, he wouldn't be able to fight back...

The only things to do in this room were pace... and remember.

The days soaked in blood.

He had no good memories not attached to them. Everything else was bloody, and dark.

No, he wasn't just referring to high school. That had been horrid, an experience that had haunted him. He still couldn't stand white rabbits. But he could think about it now. Sam long since died, and Taurtis unfortunately (Or fortunately, depending on who you asked, and when you did...) died in the destruction of... That server.

Flames licking his hands... Smoke burning his lungs... Screams of pain... The sun rising over the wreckage... The ruined buildings... Erra grabbing him... Shouting at him... The words blurring into nothingness in his memories... Laughter, oh the laughter, echoing across the ruined server. The blood upon his sword. Soon he'd learn some had escaped, and his goal would soon change to hunt them down.

The irony. He would have made his last action to kill them before, and now he'll most have his last action be to keep them safe.

However, there was no other way. He was at peace with this. He had to appease the watchers enough, play the game of chess with them.

Once they turned their eyes away... He'd be gone. Along with their new dawn. Along with the dumb prophecy they always spoke of. Everyone would be happier. The watchers would leave Moon alone, and Scarlet, Scott and Sun could live out their lives.

Without their tool, the Watchers had no power over anyone. Without him as their goal, everyone would be safer.

He just had to play it right, and he'd finally be free.

He felt a wave of dizziness and suddenly became quite lightheaded. They wanted his body again. "Come onnnn... You just had it! It's my turn with my body." He muttered, trying to keep himself from slipping under.

"We do not wish to control you. We wish to speak with you, but your consciousness has been stubborn. You keep retreating into your mind, hiding from us." His own voice took on a cold edge, speaking without his commands. "We only have been controlling you so much in attempts to find you."