Chapter Five

Date with history

A/n: Hello there this chapter reader has a panic attack, so be warned. if you don't like this stuff. Ps, I can't come up with good titles. Sorry.

~That night~

You fell asleep, tried to the eventful day that occurred. As you dreamed, you knew something had changed. It played out the same tragic event, but the husband's face became clear. When you woke up at the end, you saw his face clear as day.

Chief.

You felt uneasiness when you woke, 'why was he in the husband's place?'. It felt too real now.

"It's just caused I hanged out with him yesterday," You try to reason with yourself. "Yeah, That's it." You got ready for the day.

'...Right?'

You try to shake the thought from your mind. But it had already left a stain of doubt.

~Days later, Outside of the Historical Museum~

'Well, this is it.' You thought as you stood outside of the museum.

'It seemed to be having a new exhibit.' Looking at banners that have images of old emperors and soldiers. You walked in as you had suspected Chief was inside. 'I didn't get a time... so hopefully, he is inside.'

You look around near the entrance, noticing the art and artifacts. How beautiful they still were, even after all these years. "Wow, would those scissors still work?" You whisper to yourself as your eyes gaze at a pair of green scissors with red stains.

"I'm sure with some oil, they would work good as new!" A familiar voice comes from behind, causing you to jump in surprise. Your turn to see Chief smiling as usual and waving at you. You sighed in relief as he walked to you and looked at the portraits on the wall. "Sorry for scaring you, dear." He apologized to you as you shook your head.

"No, it's fine." You smiled weakly, "I thought I might have been late." You said. "No, my dear, You're just in time." He said as his expression seemed to soften when his eyes laid on you. "Did you know the new exhibit they have opened? It's about the empire that The Great Monk and the pilgrims saved."

"Wow, I don't know that. Have you already seen this exhibit?" You chuckled as Chief took one of your hands. "Nope, I just read the sign." He laughed as he showed the sign saying something similar. You felt dumb for not seeing it before realizing you were holding hands.

He walked with you around the museum and talked about the artifacts there. You felt your face turning pink as peach as you both continued walking around.

'Should i say something? I mean, I don't mind.' You thought as he held on to your hand. You held on tighter to his hand as he kept talking before entering the new exhibit.

The exhibit had displays of artifacts, clothing, and pottery. Hanging on the walls are portraits of its people and the emperor. The armor and weapons of that time had their exhibition. You felt like you went brought back in time as you walked in.

"Wow, this is astounding!" You said as your eyes lit up with wonder as you both stopped in for a moment. Chief grinned at your enjoyment of the exhibit. "I'm glad you enjoy it, (Y/n). I had a feeling this might be to your taste." He said as he brought you to the displayed clothing.

You smiled as your eyes followed the beautiful fabric and the sewing. You didn't notice that Chief's eyes were just on you. He loved how your face and smiles were still the same as they were back then. "The person who made this must have been very skilled! I mean, the stitching and needlework are impressive." You expressed.