0:31

"I hope you know that friendship with me means you leave your control freak behavior at work. Cause it's just not something I'll stand for," she freely expressed, completely removing the barrier she'd placed between them -if there ever was one.

"Oh wow," he dragged, a tad bit bothered by her statement, "you really think that's all there is to me?"

"It's all I've been able to observe, experience, and label you with. Judgmental? Probably, but it's all you've shown me, and it won't change unless I see something else," she sat back in her seat, quite tired of her milkshake. At this point she really wished that she'd just ordered her regular milkshake flavor.

"Wouldn't giving me, actually no, giving each other the benefit of the doubt apply here? Cause I'm deadass not walking into a space where there's no room for learning one another. If you're gonna have that kind of mentality then we might as well stop whilst we are ahead," he blatantly said, wearing a straight face.

She sighed, looking at him without single response in mind for him. She wasn't sure if she wanted to be petty about it, or if she wanted to be a decent human being. At the same time, she did not want to admit that he was sort of right.

"Definitely think you heard me say unless I see something else. Calm down, honestly," she slightly rolled her eyes, her chest slightly heavy for some reason.

The silence engulfed them yet again, both a bit bothered, or rather unsettled by the slight back and forth they just had. He kept on releasing breaths through his nostrils, and she had taken the liberty of picking up her straw so she could play with her beverage.

The jazz musicians then switched up the tempo, completely changing the atmosphere in the room. The lighting then followed suit, moving from normal lighting to a royal purple hue - which caught Shane completely off guard. Being someone who liked the color purple, she was completely enamoured with the setting.

"Gorgeous," she gasped, before meeting his eyes which were on her, and didn't bother to move when the made contact.

"I agree," he simply said, but those two simple words carried so much weight because they both knew it had nothing to do with the setting.

She wasn't one to be affected by compliments easily because she received them on a regular, however, the two words caught her breath, and her words.

"We're heavily treading on the lines of friendship here," Shane warned, hoping he'd take a step back, but knowing him, he'd probably try to provoke her further. She knew that she'd admitted to not wanting to go down the intimacy line with him, but she'd gotten a sudden itch - even though it wasn't big enough that she wanted to scratch it.

"I know," he said, as though his answer was just enough to substantiate what he was doing to her.

"No office romance, remember?" She tried to be the decent friend in the duo, because clearly it wasn't going to be him. Her body seemed to be reacting in a totally different way than her mind was.

"Never said anything romantic towards you sweetpea," he simply stated, he kept his eyes on her, and she did not want to be weak and look elsewhere, so she kept on looking right back at him.

"Stop," she barely spoke above a whisper.

The table between them held all the chemistry the two seemed to be oblivious to. Her leg swiftly brushed against him, deciding to play game, and see where it would go.

"Stop what?" He lifted an eyebrow, "this?"

Again he brushed his knee against hers, and watched as her face told him all that he needed to know, "thought you said you didn't want to go down this road with me,"