Ducky

The league doesn't normally give me days off but I told Father that I was going to do some recon to be an undercover hero and he let me off. I decided to go with a cute sundress in black with some fishnets.

I put on my combat boots and straightened my hair. I grabbed my black sun umbrella. I headed off to the park walking slowly while listening to Dont threaten me with a good time by Panic! At the disco.

I felt immersed into the song since my volume was so loud. I started to dance a little as I walked and I didn't care too much for the looks I was getting so I activated my quirk on a few of them and kept walking.

I stopped by a local coffee shop and got my favorite afternoon drink. I kept dance walking to the park until I reached the duck pond I find myself at everyday now.

As I sat down on the bench watching the ducks swim, welcome to the black parade by my chemical romance was playing. I sat there under my sun umbrella waiting for Hawks to show up.

I don't even bother looking at the clock because I know he is going to be at least a couple minutes late. The sun was so warm and comforting that I started to fall asleep and my guard was partially let down.

I had my headphones in so I couldn't hear footsteps behind me and suddenly someone had placed a hand on my shoulder. I freaked out and flipped them over my shoulder, also dropping my umbrella in the process. I get my bearings and realize I had just flipped Hawks onto his back and he was lightly coughing.

I took off my headphones, "You can't sneak up on my like that!"

"I'm sorry I didn't want to scare you. I just called out to you a couple of times without a response so I put my hand on your shoulder." He coughed one more time while sitting up, "Guess you're jumpy."

"Yeah sorry about that," I scratched the back of my neck and held out my other hand to help him stand.

He sat down with me in the bench and I put my headphones in my purse. "So you said you aren't a very famous hero. I haven't heard of any hero with purple hair or e/c eyes. I did look into it and a couple months ago a new hero was registered with the quirk wonderland. The Hero name was Alice. I'm guessing that is you?"

"Yeah and I haven't even gotten to go out or anything because no agency has picked me up. I'm the type of person who needs direction. I am terrible at free lance." I was lying through my teeth but he believed it all.

He smiled at me, "What took you so long to get your license?"

I blushed at his smile, "Well, someone has to take care of my dad right?"

"Why didn't you tell me you were a hero? I can get you a part time gig at my agency if the teacher thing doesn't work out." He was so real without his swagger I remember why I jumped him the other night.

I turned red thinking about the dream I had again, "I'm technically not a hero since I haven't saved anyone." My voice cracked when I said hero.

"Hey, there is one set of  questions to ask yourself when thinking if you are a hero or not." He looked into my eyes and his golden ones shone in the sun, "Do I want to help people? Do I have the power to do so? Will I help someone in danger if they need it?"

I smiled at him, "Yeah I guess that's true. You're so smart. Tell me more about what it's like to save people?"

"First, tell me about wonderland." Oh shit what do I say?

I laughed, "Why don't you just see for yourself? I will need your consent first."

"Oh so now we are asking permission to do things," he said while laughing. I hit him lightly on the shoulder, "Yes, okay you have my consent."