Chapter 3 - I can still punch you

Two week time skip

Harry's POV:

The first two weeks of classes have gone quicker than I previously imagined. Malfoy's helped with that, I find teasing him makes the day go much quicker. I haven't actually seen him much today though. I look around the 8th year common room for the flash of blonde.
"Harry? I'm talking to you? Are you even listening?" Ginny sighs from beside me on the sofa.
"Sorry Gin, I was just thinking," I say apologetically making Hermione roll her eyes and Ron snigger.
"Oh really, don't try too hard. I didn't think you capable of thought, you might hurt yourself," a drawling voice says from behind me and before I can stop myself i brake into a wide grin, making Ginny huff in annoyance.
"Don't pick a fight again Harry, honestly it's all you do lately," she says placing her hand on my thigh.
I don't listen to her turning to face him.
"Oh you think you are so clever," I laugh as he continues to smirk at me, "you weren't saying that when you were practically begging me to help you with defence homework last week."
"Lies, you stole it from me and scribbled useless dribble all over it. Not good at the theory, no wonder none of your spells actually land," he scoffs sticking his pointy chin in the air.

"And I can dodge your stinging jinx's from a mile away," I laugh as he points his wand at me.
He deflects a body bind curse easily, not that I was trying very hard.
"Ha terrible aim, no wonder you can't actually piss into the toilet. You have no hand eye coordination," he scoffs.
I roll my eyes at him, he's very precious about the cleanliness of the bedroom and bathroom. I've been leaving my dirty clothes on the floor just to annoy him.
"Oh yes keep rolling your eyes at me Potter. Perhaps you'll find your brain back there," he snaps crossing his arms across his chest still holding his wand tightly.
"I have perfect aim Blondie," I say winking at him and hitting him with a levicorpus so he dangles in the air upside down in front of me.
"See," I tease as he shouts in frustration shooting stinging jinxes at me. I don't attempt to deflect them getting hit by one. It's stronger than I anticipate and I drop him.
"Boys honestly. No fighting in the common room, you need to consider everyone else," Parkinson shouts confiscating our wands.
"I can still punch your stupid face in Potter," he says stomping his foot and trying to punch me. I catch his fist and smirk at him, knowing I am much stronger. He tries to bring his knee up into my crotch but I dodge it, holding him back as he tries to grab my neck. Stopping him from hurting me, makes him much more agitated then actually hurting him.
I hold his wrists tightly with one hand pulling his body towards me.
"I'm much stronger than you Malfoy, I wouldn't even try it," I laugh. His eyes darken with fury and he growls shoving me hard. I loose my balance but grab him tightly pulling him to the floor with me.
He brakes into a angry frenzy, accidentally punching Blaise in the nose as he tries to pull Draco off of me.
I laugh as his fist collides with my jaw, only infuriating him further.
"Stupid, Gryffindor wanker," he sneers punching my chest.
"Slimy, Slytherin bastard," I spit, laughing at him again when he hits my cheek.
"Twisted masochist, I thought you were so much stronger," he sneers as he holds my shoulders to the floor.
"I'm not trying yet, Blondie," I laugh squeezing his waist and flipping us over with ease.
I straddle his waist and pin his arms to the floor.
"You really think I couldn't have stopped you from hitting me, you lanky ponce," I laugh making him growl in frustration attempting to brake free of my grasp as well as turning his head trying to bite my hands.
"At least I'm not 4ft nothing like you, I'm surprised you don't need a child's broom. Or perhaps you can borrow Professor Flitwicks," he sneers.
"Just kiss already," Nott grumbles angrily from an armchair behind us.
"Shut the fuck up Nott," I shout as Draco does the exact same from beneath me.
I stand up offering him my hand he eyes it angrily slapping it away and getting up independently. He huffs to himself angrily, grabbing his wand off Parkinson and storming up to the dorm rooms.
I flop back down onto the sofa, wiping the blood from my mouth on the back of my hand.
It's so easy to rile him up, and the look on his face is always priceless.
I grin widely feeling my lip sting where it is cut.
"Honestly Harry! It's getting really fucking hard to put up with you," Ginny grumbles standing up and leaving the common room, presumably to head back to the Gryffindor common room.
"What!? He started it," I call but she's already left.

"Your sister mate, honestly. It's not like it's my fault," I say to Ron who chuckles.
"Women," he sniggers getting a glare from Hermione.
"Idiots," she grumbles turning back to her book.

"You do seem to enjoy arguing with Draco more than you did previously," Neville says taking a seat next to Parkinson.
I hold out my hand to her and she hands me my wand somewhat reluctantly.
"Ah well some things never change," I laugh putting my wand away.
"He seems less vicious though," I ponder, making Ron frown.
"I don't know why you say that like it's a bad thing," Ron says shaking his head.
I shrug, I'm not sure if it is a bad thing. I guess I wouldn't mind him a little more fiery.
I notice Parkinson glare at me as she heals her fiancé's nose. I raise my eyebrows at her. I don't know why she is always glaring at me yet she never says anything.
"It's not a bad or good thing. I guess I just enjoy a little duel from time to time," I shrug making Hermione mutter the word idiot again.
"You'd think after the past 7 years you would have had enough of fighting, with Malfoy or anyone," Neville laughs.
"Well you have to have something to make the day go by," I laugh, "and the little faces he pulls. He thinks he is so scary." I actually think it's rather cute that he thinks he comes across evil, stupid Malfoy. But i don't think the others would quite understand it.
"Im tired, I think I'm going to go to bed," I say pretending to yawn as I head upstairs.
"Oh yeah it has nothing to do with finding Malfoy to have another fight, don't destroy the dorm," Ron laughs. I wave my hand dismissively as I head up, pushing the door open.
Malfoy sighs in frustration when I enter the room.
He's sitting in bed in just some pyjama bottoms, the top of his pale chest exposed. He doesn't normally walk around the dorm topless and I find myself unable to take my eyes off of him. He is much more toned than he looks with clothes on, with a tiny bit of dark blonde chest hair in the middle of his chest and leading down presumably his belly button. Not like me, in recent years my chest and stomach has become pretty much covered in dark hair. I worry it is going to spread to my whole back and not just the bottom of my back. Ginny doesn't like it but I definitely don't want to add an extra step to my shower routine. If it grows there then it's meant to be there.
Malfoy narrows his eyes in my direction putting his book down revealing the dark mark on his smooth pale skin and pulling the covers up over himself quickly.
"What do you want?" He snaps and I roll my eyes.
"Nothing from you," I snap back pulling off my T-shirt and taking my jeans and socks off. I chuck them on the floor in a pile between our beds making him glare at me.
"I'm not tidying up after you Potter," he says scowling at the clothes.
"I didn't ask you to," I tease giving him a cheeky grin and making him sigh.
"You really shouldn't strip off in front of other people Potter. Standing there in your pants. It's impolite," he says picking up his book again but still glaring at me over the top of it.
"And what? We are all men here aren't we?" I look him up and down, "or perhaps not," I tease making him scoff.
"Your lucky I had the consideration to wait till I got into the bathroom to take my pants off," I laugh heading to the bathroom and chuckling to myself at the deep pink blush that formed on his face.

I shower quickly but to my disappointment the curtains around Malfoy's bed are closed and locked when I get out of the bathroom. I sigh to myself deciding I should also go to sleep.