Chapter 10 - Nightmares

————-Two week time skip————
Harry's POV:
Things have been going well for me lately.
Classes have gone okay and I've managed to keep up with work and avoid Ginny.
I think Draco has only jinxed me four times this week so that means we have been getting on slightly better. I am however coming increasingly close to punching Notts stupid face in.
Christmas is only just over a month away which is worrying me slightly as it is still uncomfortable with Ginny. Perhaps I can opt to stay here and have a quiet Christmas, that might be nice.
I watch the fire crackle in the common room. It's late, must be around 2 in the morning but I can't sleep. You'd think that now I have less stress in my life I'd sleep easier but the memories come flooding back. I keep my curtains locked and soundproofed at night, and I've noticed that the others do too, perhaps I'm not the only one that doesn't sleep too easy.
I hear creaking upstairs and I pray it's not Nott. I should have brought my invisibility cloak down with me.
I can't stand Theodore Nott, he was always relatively quiet but this year he is arrogant and self righteous. The new Draco, although he's much worse than Draco ever was. I can't stand the way he leers at Draco and a few other girls at the school, worryingly most of them in 6th year.
Blaise and Hermione keep asking me if there is anything more to my relationship with Draco, I suppose as we have been deliberately flirting and teasing to annoy Nott. I know Draco likes boys but I don't think there is anything more to it. I know I find him enjoyable to be around and he is attractive but I don't know if that necessarily means I could be with him more intimately.
I am enjoying spending time with him now, even with the arguments, it excites me to know he can hold his own and he often amuses me with his snarky wit.
"What are you doing up?" Draco says and I look to the creaking step.
"I could ask you the same thing," I say smiling at him.
"Nightmare," he says rather candidly, "I noticed you weren't there." He creeps over to me still in his black, silky pyjamas and fluffy socks.
"Me too," I admit as he slumps beside me.
I pull back the blanket I had draped over my legs and give him access to the foot rest. He puts his feet up beside mine and i cover him with the blanket too.
"What was yours about?" He asks leaning his head onto my shoulder.
I sigh deeply, shifting my arm around him so he is more comfortable.
"What isn't it about, it's everything. My parents, my godfather, Lupin, Tonks, Fred, Cedric, Dobby but it's still mostly him. It's always him," I sigh and Draco nods.
"The dark Lord," he whispers and I nod.
"Fucking Voldemort, of course he still haunts me even in death," I sigh and he frowns patting my arm tenderly.
"What about yours?" I ask and he shudders.
I pull the blanket up over him higher incase he is cold.
"The dark Lord, Aunt Bella, and Greyback mostly. The worst part is they aren't dreams....memories."
"Me too Draco," I sigh pulling him closer to comfort him.
"You don't speak about it much, it must have been so hard for you," He says and I shrug.
"You don't speak about it either, and you had it hard too," I say.
"You've lost more Harry, I just feel like I lost myself. You don't know the half of the things I had to do," he says and I frown.
"Everyone has suffered Draco, everyone has lost and none of it is your fault," I say taking his hand under the blanket.
"You only say that because you don't know," he whispers still leaning into me.
"I do, Draco. I do know what happened, at least more than you think. And I know that you aren't to blame."
He turns to me giving me a curious look and I sigh deciding I don't have to keep lying, it might make it worse in the long run.
"Please don't be angry at me," I sigh and he narrows his eyes at me.
"I was a key witness at your trial, and your family. For the defence obviously. I told them the truth, that you saved my life many times and were forced into everything," I reveal it quickly and anticipate a blow up but he doesn't come.
He snuggles in closer bringing up his knees over my legs.
"Thank you Harry, I'm sorry you had to hear so many awful things about me, it's a miracle that you can stand me," he chuckles darkly.
"I meant what I said. You saved me Draco and you aren't to blame. Not for anything. I'm sorry you had to go through that all, basically alone," I say tenderly.
He smiles up at me awkwardly and I press my lips to his head. He gasps slightly, his breathing steadying as he relaxes.
"You don't know how much I appreciate you Harry Potter," he mumbles sleepily.
"Oh really I thought I was a stupid, messy Gryffindor wanker," I tease and he smirks before yawning.
"You are Potter. But I still really like you."
"I really like you too Draco," I whisper back deciding to let him dose off. I spell the sofa larger so he doesn't fall.
I drape my other arm across him pulling him closer deciding that I'll carry him up but first I'll just close my eyes for a little bit...