Chapter 19 - The Burrow

Week time skip. 3 weeks till Christmas
((Sorry it's long))
Draco's POV:
"I don't see why I have to meet them all at their house and not yours. I'd like neutral territory," i sulk rolling up my shirt sleeves up to my elbows, the dark mark faded but still standing out on my pale skin. Harry looks at me knowingly. Apparently the dark mark comes out when I'm stressed, Harry calls it my bad boy routine.
"You need to stop seeing it as territory's. There is no more war and no more sides. And if there were I'd always be on your side. No matter what," Harry says kissing my cheek.
"Now come on you."
"Do we really have to travel by floo powder? It's so gross," I say honestly and not just to put off going there.
"Everyone else has gone Dray, we'd have to walk to Hogsmeade before we could apparate," he says and I huff in annoyance, and why can't we do that.
"Come on then princess. We better head down to Hogsmeade," Harry teases, putting on my jacket, wrapping my cloak around my shoulders and taking my hand.
"It's going to be fine," he reassures me again as the cool air hits my face and we walk down to the castle gates.
"Are you saying that to reassure me or you?" I ask making him laugh.
"There you go again, seeing right through me," Harry laughs pulling me into his arms.
"It's because you are so easy to read Potter. You show your emotions so openly," I say pushing his glasses up his nose.
"Oh and you don't," he teases back looking to my exposed dark mark.
"You have nothing to worry about," he says taking my arm and kissing it.
"You are beautiful," he flirts kissing the mark again.
I roll my eyes at him feeling my face heat up.
"You aren't so bad yourself Golden boy," I tease making him chuckle as he wraps his arms around me and we apperate together.
"Woah, it's interesting," I say looking up at the tall wooden house. There looks like there has been multiple extensions and levels added. It's much larger than I expected.
"Try not to look too uncomfortable Draco," Harry laughs and I glare at him. Bit difficult when you are entering the Weasley den.
"That's just my face," I snap making him laugh.
"Yes I suppose it is," he laughs kissing my hand, "come on let's go knock."
I grip his hand tightly as he knocks on the front door.
"Harry, why didn't you floo," Weasleys mum says wrapping her arms around Harry.
"Someone doesn't like floo powder on his clothes," Harry says teasingly.
"Ha ponce," Weasley says from behind his mother, stuffing food in his mouth as usual.
"Welcome Draco, I'm Molly, come on in your aunt is here," she says and I follow Harry in.
"I don't know her," I say to Harry who smiles.
"She's nice," Harry says.
"Well she's bound to be better than the one Mrs Weasley murdered," I say making Harry tut and Mrs Weasley frown.
"Andromeda, this is Draco," Harry's says and I take the woman's hand kissing it politely. She's pretty, and she looks more like mother than I expected.
"It's a pleasure to meet you Aunt Andromeda," I say making her smile.
"And this is Teddy, my grandson," she says picking up a small boy and holding him out to me.
I look at Harry nervously not knowing how to hold the child. Harry nods and I take him holding him out at arms length.
"It's okay Draco, he won't bite," Harry laughs and I frown.
"What if I drop him?" I say trying to hand him to Harry.
"Try not to drop babies Malfoy," She-Weasley snaps from the kitchen table and I glare at her.
"I wouldn't do it on purpose," I say glaring at her.
"Here Draco," Harry says ignoring Ginny and taking Teddy and putting him on his hip.
"Hold him like this," he says supporting the boy as he puts him on my hip.
He giggles and I can't help but smile.
He is rather cute.
The boy grabs my neck and his dark hair turns bright blonde.
"What happened? Did you do that?" I say to Harry in shock and he laughs shaking his head.
"Teddy is a metamorphmagus," Aunt Andromeda says and I smile at Harry.
"Wow you are impressive, little one," I coo ruffling his blonde hair.
"That's rare, how amazing. I've never met a metamorphmagus," I say making Mrs Weasley laugh.
"He is talented even at this age," a man says coming into the room.
"Bill Weasley, I have some books for you Mr Malfoy," he says holding out his hand. I shift Teddy in my arms to shake his hand.
"I'm sorry it took me so long to get round to it. I had a lot on," he says summoning around 20 books to the table.
"Don't apologise. I am sorry you had your workload increased. I did tell Harry that I could do it. But he insisted."
"When you are a qualified curse breaker, then you can do it," Harry says kissing my cheek and then Teddy's.
"This is cute, my blondies," Harry coos and I blush as Ron Weasley sniggers.
"It's a good job I did do it. There were some really nasty curses on those books, especially the last four in the pile," Bill says and I pull those books out.
Harry laughs taking Teddy from me.
"What?! They are obviously going to be the best ones," I say dismissively. And Ron rolls his eyes.
"Why do you encourage his behaviour Harry?" he asks.
"Because I enjoy his enthusiasm," Harry says smiling at me as I flick through a particularly gnarly potion curse book.
"Look at his face, he has finally cracked a smile. Look how he's lit up," Ron laughs, "and at what? An enhanced drink of despair potion. Causes auditory and visual hallucinations alongside the fear and everything else."
I smirk at Ron evilly making his eyes widen.
"Looks very simple," I tease. "I could probably whip most of these up in no time."
"Oi cheeky. Don't tease him, you know he can't tell when you are joking," Harry laughs making Andromeda chuckle.
"You are like your mother, she always loved a potion," she says making me smile.
"You should bring Teddy over to see her. She'd love him," I say making her smile slightly.
"Maybe, we haven't seen each other for a while. It would be nice to fix things. Especially now Bella is gone."
"Hmm I know she was your sister but I wouldn't be too upset. She had a foul temper and a nasty cruciatus curse," I say dismissively and Harry frowns taking my hand soothingly.
"Ahh here the girls are," Bill says smiling as Hermione and a girl I remember as Fleur come down the stairs.
"Ooo the books, let's look Draco," Hermione says hugging me and picking up a ingredients book.
"This is my wife, Fleur," Bill says and I eye them curiously.
"I know, I know, she is well out of my league," bill says defensively and I laugh shaking my head.
"Draco is well out of my league so I know the feeling," Harry says making me smile.
Ron looks at Hermione and Ginny in disbelief and I glare at them. How rude.
"I think we have met before, Fleur," I say, "I'm Draco Malfoy, but I believe I spoke to you and the other Beauxbatons students in forth year."
"Ahhh yes one of the only hogwarts students who could speak French," she laughs and i nod making her smile.
"Is your French still good?" She asks and I nod making her smile.
"Good, it will be nice to speak my native tongue with someone for once," she says in French making me smile.
"Ah yes well it will be good for me too. I have to practice so I don't forget," I laugh making her smile.
"I am happy for you and Harry, Draco. Not just because it means there is another French speaker in the family," she says and I smile.
"I appreciate it. I am rather nervous. I still have four family members to meet," I say and she nods.
"It was hard for me too at first. I wasn't welcome at first. Molly thought I had some sort of hold over her son."
"Ah well I'm definitely in trouble then. If it was hard for you," I laugh making her shake her head.
"I think you'll be okay, Molly goes easier on Harry. She does all she can to keep him happy."
"Ah well Mrs Weasley and I have that in common then," I say making her smile
"Oi you stop slagging me off in French so I can't understand. I can still tell you're talking about me," Harry says making her laugh.
"Only nice things boy wonder, I promise." I say getting a satisfied smirk as he sits down at the table setting Teddy on the table in front of him and blowing raspberries on his little potbelly.
"He's gorgeous isn't he?" I say stroking his little head. I have never really been around a baby before.
"Yeah. You think we will have a little blonde one?" Harry says and I raise my eyebrows at his forward comment, especially in front of his family, ignoring she-Weasley choking on her tea.
"Woah babies mate? calm down. Been going out for what? 3 weeks?" Ron says and Hermione whacks his arm.
"Ah well we all want kids one day," Harry says holding Teddy's little hands.
"Yes it's not like talk of children would scare me off. All mother and father bang on about is an heir," I laugh making Mrs Weasley and my aunt frown.
"Don't rush though dear," Andromeda says putting a hand on my shoulder.
I smile and nod. She's a bit more motherly than my mother. My mother has always been fiercely protective but not overly affectionate.