Chapter Twenty Eight

Louise shakes off her slight change of thought towards Loki, feeling some resistance that appeared filling her mind. She exits the quinjet with Steve, Tony ahead of them, and Thor trailing behind as twelve armoured agents approach and arrest Loki with cuffs, leading him by Fury's orders, disappearing from sight as the group enters the Helicarrier.

Louise stepped away to check herself, entering an empty restroom to unzip the top half of her suit. She pulls off the jacket, her white tank top underneath it showing as she lifts her arms. Large dark blue and purple bruises covered the majority of her lower forearm. Louise shakes her head, knowing they'd go down in a few hours or even faster from the super serum. She grabs the jacket again, pulling it on and adjusting it to keep it open in the front to expose her chest some.

Her steps are soft as she heads to the command center, Nat and Steve sitting at different ends of the round table at the front of the room, Bruce at the same side of Steve, standing up, Thor in front of it and Tony at Fury's stand speaking to them. Louise keeps quiet, moving to lean against the wall next to the table, not too far from Bruce.

"How does Fury even see these?" Tony asks, covering his left eyes to look around at the view screens before him.

"He turns." Agent Hill responds with crossed arms, at the side of the center command.

"Sounds exhausting." Tony add ons, going over and tapping the view screens.

"The rest of the raw materials, Agent Barton can get his hands on pretty easily. Only major component he still needs is a power source. A high energy density, something to kick start the cube." Before he turns back after touching the stand of the view screen that Louise caught with an interest.

"When did you become an expert in thermonuclear astrophysics?" Hill questions Tony looking at her.

"Last night. The packet, Selvig's notes, the Extraction Theory papers. Am I the only one who did the reading?" Tony rambles, Steve breaking his track.

"Does Loki need any particular kind of power source?" Steve speaks, Louise remembering the briefing they had many hours ago.

"He would have to heat the cube to 120-million Kelvin just to break through the Coulomb barrier." Bruce speaks up, Tony striding towards him.

"Unless, Selvig has figured out how to stabilize the quantum tunneling effect." Tony adds on, getting closer as they speak.

"Well, if he could do that he could achieve Heavy-"

"Ion Fusion at any reactor on the planet." Louise finishes before Bruce, speaking accidently from her thoughts, making Tony stop and the rest glance at her with some shock or confusion.

"Finally, people who speak English." Tony states, going to Bruce for a hand shake.

"Is that what just happened?" Steve says to no one, as Tony spoke up again.

"It's good to meet you, Dr. Banner. Your work on anti-electron collisions is unparalleled. And I'm a huge fan of the way you lose control and turn into an enormous green rage monster." Tony rambles once again.

"Thanks." Bruce responds, Fury taking the spotlight next.

"Dr. Banner is only here to track the cube. I was hoping you might join him." He states,

"Let's start with that stick of his. It may be magical, but it works an awful lot like a Hydra weapon." Steve speaks up, Louise nodding in agreement.

"I don't know about that, but it is powered by the cube." Fury replies, Louise speaking up from her spot.

"It's the closest thing to a H.Y.D.R.A. weapon on this ship. Trust me, I've survived one." She pursues, a few of them looking at her as Fury gives her a nod.