Chapter Seventeen

*montage sort of setting for this chapter, and maybe the next*

Louise held a small gun in her right hand, her back against a wall as she hid from enemy soldiers down a hall to her left. Her red dress was pooled at the floor where she crouched, her black trench coat on the ground a few feet from her next to a dead soldier. She sighed to herself, seeing her last clip laying on the ground empty.

"Blondie, over." James' voice speaks through a small radio, her body tensing slightly at the noise.

Louise stands up against the wall, her blonde wig laying on the ground as her brown hair was curled around her shoulders wildly. Footsteps began to near from down the hall, she flips a gun in her hand, the barrel now in the space of her palm instead of the handle.

"Blondie." Bucky's voice spoke through her abandoned radio, the noise catching the attention of two men.

"Here!" One yells, their footsteps quickening towards Louise. She takes a step back, readying for a sneak attack.

A man steps into the hall before Louise, his back to her as he stared down at the soldier. Her body moved quickly, her feet kicking the man down as the second appeared. Her right hand slammed the gun across the man's face, knocking him unconscious as the first stumbled back up to stand.

The soldier pulled his gun out, letting free a few bullets. Louise dodged it swiftly, kicking the soldiers chest this time, that made the man slam through a thin lab wall. She stands back up, surprised at her strength. Dust filled the air, as the man stayed down this time. She hears her radio go off again, her body moving to grab it as she leaves her other things to continue on down the hall the soldiers came.

"Here, over." She responds, sneaking through the H.YD.R.A. base as Steve, Bucky, and the Howling Commandos were converging to attack.

-

Louise steps behind Steve, keeping in tow as they and the Commandos carefully walk through a snowy forest. Fog high in the air as trees surrounded them, silence in the air except for the soft crunching of snow beneath their feet. Louise wore a black winter suit, blocking the cold somewhat, but made to withstand some firepower. Her dark brown hair was visible at the moment, braided back to keep it from her face. Steve pauses a second before her, signaling for everyone to continue forward behind him. Louise's left hand holds her handgun, her right ready to grab the handle or a throwing knife from her thigh holster.

Louise freezes, as her ears pick up a movement above them. Her head rises as she sees no wind blowing or snow falling above them.

"Captain." She speaks out, making all of them men stop as Steve turns to look back. She signals for him to raise his eyesight into the taller tree branches.

Louise takes a step to him, her head turning to follow Steve's. Her mind picks up the H.Y.D.R.A soldier's mental presence, making her attention catch as well. Her hand moves faster than the men can see, a throwing knife flying into the air next to her before her right hand catches the blade. Louise watches for a second before launching the knife from her hand, the force cutting through some leaves and thin branches before the blade lands in its place. A curdled scream erupts as the soldier falls from the covered area of trees, the man landing heavily on the ground behind Bucky, and the Commandos.

They all look back before turning back to face her, the blade having been thrown into the H.Y.D.R.A soldier's chest. Louise rolls her eyes at their shock and emission of impression, Steve thinking of her aggression at her throw, and even a few others events where they fought. He shakes it off, moving on as they were nearing another base.

--

Louise runs through the rumble of a H.Y.D.R.A. compound, Steve himself on top of a giant tank, trying to kill the engine. She sprints over and along broken concrete and machinery, Bucky keeping sniper coverfire along with some commandos. She knocks down a few soldiers with her knives keeping the movement as she slid down through the rubble and entered a lab.

Louise slows in her black combat suit, her eyes catching some slightly burnt files. She catches a few words, taking some pieces of the burnt paper. She stops at a depiction of a train route on a torn map, her hands reaching out to tear out of its frame and folding it to slide into a small bag on her waist for it.

An explosion shakes the ground above, making her scramble out as the walls of the room began to crack and crumble. She sprints back out, seeing the giant tank blown into pieces and many soldiers down as Steve and the Commandos await her to get to their extraction. She runs easily to catch up, making the regular men hurry as Steve leads the way to their vehicles.

--

Louise stood alone in front of European map, many markers tacked into countries and cities of H.Y.D.R.A. bases, government assignments and information clusters. The Commandos conversed quietly across the small army meeting room, Steve ahead of them explained a few things about the train route she found on one of their last missions. Bucky separated silently from them, heading to Louise who was entranced with the map.

"Lou?' He says softly, her head turning to face him. He glances over her dark hair, taking in her smooth skin, her light eyes.

"Buck?" She responds, staring back at him. He checks over her clothing as well, appreciating her red blouse and brown trousers.

"Do you want to take a walk with me?" He questions suddenly, breaking their stare as he gestured to the exit of the room. She gives him a nod before following his movements to exit.

Bucky stays quiet as they walk through the clear hallway, the night late as they planned their next mission. He moves closer as they strode in sync, his right hand moving to grab her left at her side. She stops at the movement, facing up to him as he turned to meet her.

"I wanted to give you something." He states, reaching into his back pocket and pulling out a pair of dog tags.

"Wh-"

"I don't have anything but this here with me. I wanted to give you something of me." He pursues, having interrupted her to get her words free.

"I don't need anything, James. But I'll gladly take it for you." She slightly teases, and he rolls his eyes, stepping closely up to her. He reaches to her neck, his left hand brushing her hair to the side, unclipping the chain to attach it back around her throat. She breathes in quickly, feeling some nervousness or excitement as he shares her breaths, holding in his own nervousness.

"Perfect." Bucky speaks once he clips it and fixes her hair back, her hands raising to center his tags. Louise looks into his eyes, his body still standing close.

"Lou I-" She interrupts him this time to kiss his lips, her mouth lightly touching his own. His hands softly grabs her cheek and waist (respectfully high). He pulls her in closer, savoring her lips, her kiss, her love. Louise wraps her arms around his shoulder, moving her mouth in junction with his as he took slight steps towards the hall wall behind her. She gasps once her body gets trapped against the wall and Bucky, Bucky himself sneaking his tongue into her mouth at her surprise.

Another sound breaks them apart, Steve himself being the one shocked down the hall they already passed. Louise feels her face heat wildly, Bucky chuckling at her blushing and glimpses at Steve.

"Get outta here, kid." Bucky speaks to Steve, hoping to kiss Louise once more.

"So you both fin-"

"Steve!" Louise shouts, glaring at Steve who silenced himself and forcefully jumped back down the hallway he came from. She hides her face in Bucky's chest, feeling him laugh quietly as he looks down at her.

"Did you make him go?" He asks, and Louise pulls back to show her flushed appearance.

"Yes. He was ready to ramble and I refused to let him ruin this moment." She states, making Bucky laugh once again before he clasps her cheeks.

"One more, then we'll have to go back." He lowers to her quickly, latching their lips together as he pushes back against the wall again. Bucky shoves his love and wants into the kiss, hoping she'd feel it. Louise pulls back, resting her head to his, catching her breath.

"I love-" Bucky keeps her from finishing, stealing another soft kiss before taking a step back to take in her lovely appearance.

"Gotta stay away, or we'll never go." He states this time, teasing her and she scoffs at the audacity.

"Whatever you say, Barnes." She responds and jogs to the meeting room, racing him through the halls to meet Steve and the Commandos.