Chapter Thirty One

Louise attacks first, swinging at his face, his reflexes moving faster, dodging her hit. He punches back, missing her abdomen. A quick jump back on her part, sparing a hard hit to his face as she landed back. She switches her legs, swinging a kick to the other side of his face; Loki snatches her leg jerking her body against his own. Her legs wrap around his chest, one over his shoulder another in his hand, gripping her thigh and back. Louise squeezes heavily, to which he struggles back and lands hits to her sides.

"Be grateful for your position, god. No unworthy man has ever gotten closer." Louise teases as he slams her back into a wall, making her choke his body harder, as he tries to shove her off.

"Well, then, let's enjoy this moment then." Loki counters, disappearing completely which makes her collapse onto the ground. She rushes back to a stand, scanning around to find him. Arms entrap her torso, locking her arms against her chest as Loki tightens his grip, holding her close.

"Pet, we are more alike than you wish." He husks into her ear, making her close her eyes.

"Use your power, control me." Loki taunts, wanting her to break free from her own cage. She shakes harder, trying to control herself, as his strength increases in his hold, keeping her frozen.

"No!" She shouts, her mind losing control of itself in her underlying rage. His own talents, having coaxed her power to emerge from their last meeting.

"Let out that anger that has been eating you, Louisa. I've been in your mind, pet. I've seen things that you've never shown another." He whispers, feeling her body loosen in tension, making him slack his hold.

"There we are, Louisa." Loki says with a grin, as Louise lets her mind unfurl and her power grow. The mercenary with a shoulder wound cries out in pain, clutching his head in agony. They watch as the man screams and jerks to a stop in death. Loki smiles wider as shouts fill the air around them as her power reaches many with easy minds.

"Let them fear you, pet. Come with me. Let's show them their god, their ruler." He speaks out, making her turn to face him with a frown.

"I won't hurt them." She tries to control herself, making Loki grab her shoulder.

"You will obey, pet." He orders, speaking in her ear as his hand clasped her jaw.

"I've taken a liking to you, mortal. Let go. Come with me." He entices, as Louise felt her resolution stagger, begging for a reprieve.

"I can't. I-"

"You will be free, Louisa." He whispers her name, making her eyelids flutter from the seduction. She grasps his coat, trying to ground herself as she feels a need to go with him. To let him free, to be free herself.

"No, your majesty. I won't leave them. Not today, anyway." Louise answers with her head down, his body tensing as she grabs his coat tighter. Her leg kicks up suddenly, knocking them apart. He grunts; her feet kicking up at his chest to which he ducked back.

Louise twirls around, backing away to fight as Loki storms towards her. She swings her fist, his reflexes narrowly dodging them, barely landing a few hits to his side. His left hand catches her abdomen, his right flying around to latch onto the back of her neck. She gasps, his left hand catching both her wrists in his palm, holding her still.

"Pathetic, pet." He grumbles, jerking her back before launching her over his shoulder. Louise's body flies over his head, slamming many feet away into the walls above the platform. Her being falls heavily to the ground, making her groan as she stumbles to get back on her knees.

Two more mercenaries appear, a hazy look from Louise shows Loki standing before the glass cage entrance. She pushes to stand on her knees, her body aching from Loki's throw. A mercenary knocking her back onto her hands; a deep sudden voice shouts through the room.