Chapter Sixteen

Louise ties her combat shoes, her entire outfit tinted red entirely to fit her original style. Her catsuit, only to be seen in a dark red colour in the light, making her disappear in darkness because of its material. She attaches holsters to her right thigh and one on her left upper arm for ammo, on her left leg she has many knives hidden.

All of the men ready themselves in the lab on the other side of the room. Bucky, Howard, and Steve watching her as she prepares to join them and the Howling Commandos. Louise only gives them a glance as she double checks her ammo and the way it looks in the small mirror in front of her.

Howard steps away, speaking to Peggy and some of the men about their equipment. Steve takes a step back, going to get his equipment as he still sees Bucky watching her. His movements come towards her as she pauses and looks at him.

Bucky slows before her wearing his blue jacket, some dark brown pants and his own boots. Louise stops from grabbing her black trench coat, knowing she'd wanted to see him for a while.

"Hi, James." She says, and sets down the gun she had in her hands. His bright eyes watching her movements as he stayed quiet.

"Nothing, at all Buck?" She speaks again and stares at him, seeing his mouth open slightly and shut.

"Okay, then." Louise speaks to herself and grabs the gun and slides it into a holster. Her hands leaning onto a table next to her and grabbing the trench coat before passing Bucky. He sighs as she steps away, his eyes catching Steve's who gave him a disapproved sort of look.

Bucky curses to himself, his feet moving at their own accord and dragging him to run after Louise who had jogged from the compound towards her small car on ground level.

"Louise!" Bucky shouts, making her pause from the outside car. Her dark hair was still curled down around her shoulders as he approached lightly out of breath.

"What is it, Buck?" She asks, waiting to leave to start her missions to aid him and Steve.

"I'm sorry for ignoring you. I am sorry for putting down your abilities and your sex to appease the male dominated society." He spits out, and Louise nods and gives him a light smile.

"Thank you. I have to go." She responds and goes to enter her car.

"Wait."

"What, James?" She says with a frustrated tone, and he slides a hand through his dark hair.

"I have to do this so Steve will get off my back. No matter my thoughts, I have to give it a shot." He says with some nervousness in his voice, and she stares with confusion.

"What are you talking about?" She asks, and Bucky stood before her breathing heavily, debating in his mind. Bucky wipes his palms on his pants, lifting his hand up then to grab her face softly.

"This." He mutters as he raises her head slightly as he lowers his own to kiss her lips.

Louise stares in shock, as Bucky pulls her close and pauses before her lips. She stares in his eyes with her own light ones, making her own breaths become faster as her heartbeat sped up.

"Show me." He whispers, wanting confirmation of what he perceives.

Louise rises a little more, glancing between his eyes and his lips. Her left hand lightly touches his jaw, as her right hand sweeps across the back of his neck and her arm wraps around his neck to pull him down more. Her left hand caresses his jaw as she moves closer and lets her smooth lips touch his slightly chapped ones.

Bucky's lips move slowly along with hers, savoring it, her. His arms hold her hips close, as one hand moves up to hold her hand closer. They moved in sync, letting their affection, emotions pour through it. Whistles and clapping sound loudly from behind them, both of them tensing and pulling apart to look back. The Howling Commandos laughed loudly and whistled at catching them. Steve and Peggy smiled towards them, as Bucky turned back around to look down at Louise, who he still held.