Prologue

Disclaimer: All the characters written below are imaginary. This is a work of pure fiction. There is no resemblance to any incidents or situations. A few instances have been taken up from their real lives, as and how they have happened (for which we do have documented proof). Happy Reading!

2nd August 2022 (almost 4 months before the D-day)

K: So you think, all these months that we've been together, was just a joke? A PR stunt? (shocked)

T: I don't think that, it's very evident that it was a joke to you Mr. Karan Kundrra.

K: But what have I done that you've come to this stupid conclusion, all of a sudden?

T: What have you done? Are you seriously asking me that? You should ask yourself this question, Karan. (holding back her tears)

K: You know what, I did. I asked myself that before confronting you. And you know I am a non-confrontational person in life. It's only because of you that I have been able to express myself and ask questions. (getting emotional)

T: Well, I know that. But I don't think this is going to work anymore Karan. I think we should call off this wedding. (on the verge of crying)

K: But why Laddoo? (slightly sobbing)

T: Coz I just said it's not going to work!! (emotional yet firm)

*ting* *ting* - both of their phones beeped at the same time.

Hi Karan & Tejasswi

I hope you both are doing well. I just wanted to inform you that the next session will be the last one together. And I have something important to tell you guys. So please be on time. My assistant will set up the appointment tomorrow.

Have a great day.

Dr. Nandini

They read the message on the common WhatsApp group made by their relationship counselor and looked at each other. They both gave each other a teary-eyed smile and went out of the cafe, to their respective houses.

___________________________________________

Author's Note - Hi All. So I just wanted to clarify that this is not where the story begins. You'll have to read it all to understand. Please do pay attention to the dates mentioned at the beginning as well. Thankyou. Hope you like it. :)