𝗧𝗪𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗬 𝗙𝗢𝗨𝗥

Vicky

I've never been this angry in my nineteen years of life. More than resentment, I'm disappointed in Thikki. Her words are killing me.

I roll on my bed, my stomach quarreling me to go down and have food. And the fact that Thikki had prepared fried rice for me didn't allow my senses to calm down a bit.

Damn it, I want food! End of discussion.

Sneakily I descend the stairs and found a moderate size bowl settled on the dining table. Besides it, two empty plates were installed. Thikki didn't have food too?

That thought made me feel guilty. Is it because I denied having dinner that she also had decided to skip it? Still, her health condition is not good, just yesterday she suffered from fever and lack of consuming food is not really the best option she had elected.

Oh, Thikki...

I'm still furious with her but for the sake of her wellbeing, I saunter to her room and knock at the door. I could listen to the faint music coming from inside, I guess she hadn't slept yet.

Sighing, I return to the table and place myself on one of the chairs, as I allocate the fried rice on both of the plates.

Like I thought so, the door to Thikki's room unbolts and she set her foot out, as I gaze at her from the corner of my eyes. I could detect her pearly tooth as she smiles...

Whatever.

Neglecting her presence, I initiate to fill my mouth with the fried rice, savoring the delicious taste that lingers on my tongue before I gulp it down after gnawing. No one can beat Thikki's fried rice, but that doesn't mean she has been freed from the anger I possess toward her. I'm still incredibly fierce over her for chastising me with such bitter words.

Thikki hops next to me and instead of having meal, she keeps on staring at me, that, apparently, I could feel quite well. Despite that, I didn't stop munching on my food, nor did I throw a look at her.

"Vicky, can we talk?" She asks in between my time of relishing dinner. What is there to talk about? I'm not giving in, that soon.

I don't respond to her.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean the things I uttered back then. I just wanted reassurance of whatever it is growing between us." like a surety?

I quietly let her words sink in my head. "I want to be with you, Vicky. But our age difference and the fact that I raised you always make chaos in my mind. I couldn't love you like I want to because of that. It is stressing me out whenever I think of our future. I'm scared of the aftereffect If we continue our relationship. I'm terrified of the reaction of my parents, our friends, our relatives, just everyone in general."

Her voice wavers as she mutters it. Now that I process what she's inferring, I can come to a closure that I have never paid attention to that aspect of our relationship nor had I ever reckoned about how we would progress our love...all this time, the only aim of mine was just to have Thikki's love. Hence, I have been ignorant about our future until now...

Yet I couldn't get serious about this! I want to have fun and have a normal love life like everyone around me. And the way Thikki is speaking oddly irritates me. However, I can understand her point of view, the absolute contrary of our thoughts. I guess it has something to do with our age after all. I mean, she persists in worrying about our life ahead, while I want to spend every passing second without straining about anything in this world.

There...Right there is our significant dissimilarity.

"Vicky, I can't stop these feelings from resurfacing. And I'm afraid of this. What If we can't be together in the impending time? What If my parents marry me off to another man and I can't do anything to cease that? What If after knowing about our togetherness, they decide to throw you and me out of the house?" This time, I face her. With the fear in her eyes and the pure apprehensive expression cloaked over her countenance, I felt myself getting tensed...only a little.