𝗧𝗪𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗬 𝗦𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗡

Thikshitha

I turn on the inverter as soon as Vicky was done filling the battery of it with adequate liquid.

"Vicky, we are running out of groceries..." I declare as I hurry in the direction of the kitchen, Vicky trailing closely behind me.

"Oh no...what should we do?" He says, cooly, feigning worry. I abruptly stop at the entrance of the kitchen and turn around, coming in contact with his chest as I did so. "let's hug" he expresses and scoops me in his hold, settling his chin on the top of my head while I blink my eyes, not expecting his affection at the moment.

I look up at him, frowning. "What's up with you?" He cups my cheeks with his both palm and smiles. "Don't know" I smile slightly and wrap my hands around his torso.

We stand in the same position, gazing at each other for minutes until he smashes me to his chest, once again embracing me in a breast-crushing hug. Yet I can predict something distinct in his behavior...the way he is gripping me gives off the feeling of earning comfort.

Before I can question him about his attitude, he tugs away from me and speaks hurriedly. "We need groceries right, I will be back soon!" He scrambles to the key stand to fetch his key and within seconds, he was out of the main door. Luckily, the rain has also stopped glittering down from the clouds now but still, the dark sky is too exposed to conclude that the rain has entirely ceased. Well...

Locking my eyes on the open door he had gone off into, I longingly sigh. I already miss him...and his previous clutch is adding fire to my suffering.

Anyways...

"Thikki!!!!" I stand still as Vicky nears me, his face, surprisingly appearing serious. What had happened?

"Someone intruded in our garage yesterday!" I flicker my eyelids and pause when I catch the connotation behind it. Thieves!

"Our cars had been stolen!?" I query in horror while Vicky shakes his head negatively, mumbling a 'no'. "Then...?" He hesitates before speaking.

"Someone has burned down..." He ceases as he looks into my eyes. "My bike" what the heck!?

I gasp in shock.

"What??" He grasps my wrist and lets me out of the home towards the garage. Vicky frees my hand once we were standing behind the raised shutter, whose lock has been severed.

However, that didn't frighten me as much as the view inside. The bike has been scorched down terribly. And the smell of petrol is apparent. It is obvious someone had deliberately committed this act.

"We should approach police..." I assert, stepping back a little. Thinking of this intently, whoever had done this must have some grudge against Vicky.

A thief would have had just the intention to steal away the bike. Thus, it confirms my latter suspicion. My heart skips at the realization of my Vicky being in danger.

I lock my arms to him, gaining his blank gaze. He loved this bike. It's one of the gifts my dad had bestowed to Vicky on his eighteenth birthday.

"Have you recently had, had any fights with some people?" He thinks for an instant and replies, "No" his tone is low.

"Except Kirti who I had rejected...but there's no chance she could have done this." I know about that kid too. Considering her personality, I have got to agree with Vicky's words.

"Who might have done this then?" I ask myself, roaming my eyes on the blistered bike.

"We have to let uncle know about this.  He can handle this issue more effectively with his connections..." I nod to Vicky, absentmindedly, my psyche trying to guess the criminal.