TWO: scoops ahoy.

AND HE WAS right, oh how James Hopper Jr. hates being right. Well, he's never wrong, he usually never is, but, boy, he really hates being right. It was the orientation at Scoops Ahoy, to get the new employees familiar with their workspace, to teach them and whatnot, and there he was. Eddie Munson stood outside the shop, fidgeting with his rings around his calloused long fingers. Musician fingers, James use to call them, rough finger tips because of the fact Eddie plays guitar.

"Eddie." He called out as he slowly approached the Munson who quickly glanced over his shoulder. "James..." He slowly turned around and of course, sporting a band tee under his leather jacket, chains hanging from the belt loops of his ripped black jeans.

Most people drastically change after high school graduation, that can be said for James who leveled up from ratty hand me downs to good outfits, a button up tucked into some nice jeans or khakis, occasionally a plain white shirt with some sort of cardigan or sometimes a fancy looking knitted wool sweater.

"How... how's college been?" Eddie nervously asked and James just shrugs. "Okay-ish..." Is all he answered with and the Munson sighed, stepping closer and wrapping his arms around James. The Hopper wanted to pull back, push Eddie's arms away from his, but he practically melted in the touch, clutching into Eddie's back as he buries his nose into the shorter's shoulder. They sway side to side momentarily before Eddie finally pulls back.

"Did you apply here too?" He asked and James nods. "Got the job..." He says and Eddie chuckles softly. "So did I... obviously why I'm here." He says quickly and James just nods, glancing down between them. The Munson was still standing very close. "Ed--" "holy shit! Eddie Munson and James Hopper Jr.!" At the sound of their names, the pair quickly look over to see Robin Buckley and Steve Harrington hopping out of a vehicle nearby.

"Robin Buckley!" James beamed brightly and rushed over, the two practically sprinting into one another's arms. Robin was probably the only girl James ever asked out in his life, like ever, from peer pressure in seventh grade, he asked her to the Snowball and they were gonna kiss until Robin blurted out she liked girls. Then James laughed and said he liked guys. They're practically bonded since.

But Steve Harrington, a grade A asshole was Robin's best friend since her Junior year. Somehow. I don't know, it was the kind of thing your teacher would say "when pigs fly", pigs were sure as hell fucking flying right now.

"Are you two here together?" Robin asked, adjusting her shoulder length hair as she glanced at Eddie. "What? No." James quickly denied and glanced at Steve for a split second who just had his arms crossed, standing there. Even if Steve was a major douchebag in high school, he's still pretty and James always makes sure pretty guys know he's available. Just in case. "Yeah, Jamie and I just ran into each other here... did you guys apply too?" Eddie pointed up at the sign above them that said Scoops Ahoy with an anchor.

"Yup!" Robin smiled brightly and glanced at Steve. The four made small talk then, Eddie saying he finished and graduated his music program, James saying the same and that he's currently looking for an English teacher position, to which Robin excitedly said she was actually in her second year at the moment and couldn't wait to be done. Eyes land on Steve who immediately got flustered, perking up and suddenly listening to them.

"Oh, uh, I--I just did some random course at Rob's college..." He said and the conversation sort of died down there. "Hi!" A girl in a white pleated skirt, red converse, a nice blue button up approached them, all eyes land on her. Chrissy Cunningham. The outcasts in the group tense because they're, well, in the presence of not only one but two Hawkins high royalties now. "Chrissy." James smiles softly and she smiles even wider. "Are you guys here for the orientation?" She asked.

"Yep." Robin said quickly, smiling big as her eyes are a bit too intense on Chrissy. She was such a sucker for cute girls. "Perfect! I'm the manager by the way, my dad left me in charge when I graduated a year ago from college." Chrissy informs them, unlocking the front door and opening up the shop.

"Oh, that's so cool." Robin listened intently, following in after the Cunningham. Chrissy opens up the lights and turned to them. "Let's get started, shall we?" She asked and smiled brightly again before turning back around. She returns not long after with four uniforms. Sailor uniforms. James stared at them with wide eyes. "You're joking." He says. "Chrissy, you can't be serious." Eddie added.

"Okay, well, relax guys," Chrissy chuckled and then sighed. "I know we're not high school students anymore and these... seem a bit immature, but this is just a summer job, okay? It'll just be like three months. Plus the kids love it!" She giggled softly and then held out the female one towards Robin who gradually took it, letting out a quiet sigh.

"There's a break room and two bathrooms for you guys to take turns changing in. I'll be waiting." She said and James now noticed her outfit, pointing. "So you don't just like the colours red, blue and white, it's quite literally for Scoops Ahoy?" He asked and she glanced down. "Yup! Upside to being a manager, I wear what I want." She said then grins widely. Eddie leans to her, "how do I become a manager?" He asked and she just giggles.

"Don't worry, Eddie, you can still wear your jewelry and stuff, but a uniform is mandatory." She said and he just sighs. "I call dibs on the bathroom." He rushed off and Robin follows. "Me too!" She said and James glanced at Steve who just grabs the last uniform from Chrissy. "Break room?" He asked and the Hopper just quickly nodded as Chrissy then points to it with a soft smile on her face.

Once fully dressed, and maybe sneaking one glance at one another, James and Steve now step out of the breakroom, dressed in the ridiculous uniforms. "You know, Cunningham, this wasn't on the posting, last I checked." James spoke up and Chrissy glanced over then smiled brightly. "But you two look so good!" She gushed and he sighed.

"Let's just get the orientation over with."

The orientation was just a run down of opening up, setting up the shop, Chrissy showing them how to use the machines and everything before showing them what they'd have to clean at lock up and closing, before turning to them. "Okay, that's all for orientation. I kinda have to get back to Kiara and Loona." She said and James' furrows his brows. "Those your cats?" He asked and she just giggled.

"No, my girlfriend and my dog." She said and Robin perks up immediately. So Chrissy Cunningham is gay. All of them look bewildered by this piece of information as she just smiled widely. "I realized when I was in the middle of being pressured to marry Jason straight out of high school." She explains and all of them just nod and glance at one another. Eddie's eyes met James' momentarily.

"Uh, right, anyways, we got this. Right guys?" Steve said as he stood up straight and looked to the other three. "Yep. Totally, Steve-o!" Robin smacks her hand onto her best friend's shoulder, smiling big at Chrissy who just chuckles softly. "Okay, then. That said, I will be trusting these to Steve." Chrissy held out a set of keys with a little ice cream key chain. "Cute." He says and she chuckles. "Have a good day, call if you need anything, literally anything!" She said and was on her merry way home.

"Eddie, can we talk?" James walked over to the metal head who nods as Robin looks at Steve who she noticed is frowning. "What's with that face, Steven?" She asked and he looks at her. "What face? I'm not making a face." He quickly got defensive, turning away.

"Uh-huh..."

authors note
i'm 21 now. that's crazy