THIRTY-FIVE: i love your hair.

EDDIE NOW STOOD in the middle of Rhys' room, with wet hair he's drying off with a towel and only in his boxers and a t-shirt the blond had offered him. "Thanks... for tonight." Eddie whispered quietly so suddenly and the blond smoking by the window glanced over. "Yeah, no problem..." He says quietly before turning back to look over the view from his apartment, it's located in Hawkins square.

"I was being really stupid." Eddie sighed as he came over, standing by him as his damp bangs fall before his eyes so Rhys reached up. "You need a trim." He plays with the ends of the hair before trailing it down the longer strands by Eddie's shoulders. He slowly tucks the hair behind the Munson's ears, getting a more clear view of his pretty little face.

"I suppose." Eddie mumbled then glanced at him. "James likes it long." He explains and Rhys raised his brows, smirking slightly. The brunette blushed, realizing the choice of words as he rolled his eyes, reaching out to grab Rhys' cigarette to take a drag from it.

"I could cut it." The blond tilts his head slightly a bit and Eddie glanced at him. "Yeah?" He asked and Rhys nods. "I'm like super good at it, I've always cut mine at home." He says, smiling slightly and Eddie chuckles. "Yeah, sure..." He says and Rhys stood up. "I'll grab my styling kit." He says, grinning too big.

"What? Right now?" Eddie asked quickly, taking another drag and the blond nods. "Yeah. It's perfect because you just showered. Haircuts are always better wet." He says and Eddie snorts. "Right. Open a salon and put that on a poster." He said as the blond disappeared out the room, heading into the bathroom pretty quickly before returning with a bag in hand. "You know, a salon doesn't sound like a bad idea." Rhys says as Eddie took out the smoke onto a bat shaped ashtray by the window.

"Yeah?" He asked and Rhys hums, dragging over his desk chair for Eddie to sit on. "I think it would be the best damn salon this town ever seen." He said and digged through the bag, fishing out a comb that'd be better than a brush for Eddie since his hair is slightly wavy, almost curly even before also taking out a pair of scissors and a hairdressing cape he now slings around Eddie, securing it at the back. "Sure..." Eddie chuckled softly.

"Okay. How short?" Rhys had to ask and Eddie just shrugged. "I guess shoulder length?" He asked and Rhys nods, stepping closer and combing out the younger's hair. Something about it was so relaxing, Eddie closed his eyes and sighed contentedly. The way the comb seeps through his strands, the satisfying snip of the scissors, it was a little calming. Especially after the night they had.

"I love your hair." Rhys says quietly, pulling it all back and then watching Eddie, his reaction which was his face getting pink and then a small smile grew on his face. He smiled, stepping in front of Eddie now and combing his bangs gently, using the same technique he does for his before finishing and kneeling down. "There's that Eddie I know..." He whispered and Eddie opened his eyes to look at Rhys. "Thank you," he says, smiling softly.

"No problem..." Rhys rubs the brunette's leg before standing up. "Can you also dry my hair? Wayne hates it when I sleep with wet hair." Eddie says as he grabs onto Rhys' wrist and the blond stared down at him with lidded eyes that made him blush hard. "Okay, yeah, sure." Rhys nodded, smiling faintly.

In the bathroom, Eddie felt pure bliss once more as Rhys would comb his fingers through Eddie's hair, blow drying each strand and through the whole thing, the Munson had his eyes closed and didn't realize that his mouth hung open a bit until after when Rhys finished drying his hair, turned off the hair dryer and gently pushed up his jaw, chuckling softly.

"You'll catch flies, darling." He says and Eddie immediately turns to look at Rhys who raised his hands, pulling all of Eddie's hair together and smiling. "I think your hair being up compliments your face nicely..." He said and then looked around the countertop. "I think I have a couple of elastics laying around h--" Rhys is cut off with Eddie leaning in and connecting their lips together.

Rhys pushed him back away gently, frowning as he looks down. "Rhys." Eddie says in a begging voice, stepping closer and the blond glanced up. "What?" He whispers and Eddie sighed. "I'm sorry." He says quietly. "I'm sorry. Please, can we just..." He stopped when he realized what he was asking for.

"You're... still drunk." Rhys says, turning away and forgetting completely about the hair ties as he wraps the cord of the hairdryer around it, putting it away in the cabinet. "Rhys." Eddie says again, begging once more and the blonde looks at him dead in the eyes. "You can't. We can't. I can't." Rhys says and Eddie frowns.

"Don't you want me?" He says quietly and Rhys sighed, looking away as he then opens the door. "Of course, I do." He says as he walks out and the brunette follows behind like a lost puppy, back into his bedroom where Eddie shut the door gently behind him. "Then why not?" He asked, his back against the shut bedroom door and Rhys turns around.

Shit. He looks so cute. And so fuckable. He thinks to himself with the way Eddie is leaning against the door with his hands behind his back, his lips in a frown as his brows are drawn together. "Be--because..." Rhys can't give any more valid reasons as to why he can't just say yes and strip Eddie from the only articles of clothing he still has on left and practically devouring him whole on the bed.

"B-B-Because why?" Eddie mocked his little stammer and Rhys sighs, turning away. "How am I gonna know if you won't just up and leave again for James like last time?" He asked quietly as he played with the necklace that had a dog tag on it with a date written on it, glancing around the bedroom.

Eddie came over to stand in front of the blond, slowly reaching up to touch his neck, sighing softly. "Because there's nothing there anymore, and I promise you that even in two days, in three, four, a year, or whatever, I'd never change my mind and leave you. I promised you five dates, didn't I?" Eddie whispered as Rhys just stared into his chestnut brown eyes.

"You did." He whispers and Eddie slowly leans in, now toying with the dog tag in between them which Rhys was holding. "What's this?" He asked quietly and Rhys glanced down. "Oh... um, the day my mom died." He says and Eddie glanced up right away.

"Mood's been ruined. Now I feel bad..." He says, retracting his hand and Rhys chuckled, slowly wrapping his arms around Eddie's waist. "No, it's fine. Now let's get on the bed." Rhys pushed forward and Eddie blushed, putting his arms around the blond's neck. "This better not be a one time thing again. I'm not someone for you to use." Rhys mumbled as he kissed all along Eddie's jaw and the brunette hummed softly. "No. Definitely not."

authors note
back on that dirty munson being... dirty agenda. anyways rhys cutting eddie's hair 🥹 i feel like he'd do that, he'd see eddie's hair growing out a bit and be like "time for a trim!" and eddie getting excited over it 😭

+ why did i watch stancy edits to make myself mad just now LMFAOO pls anyways only hot people prefer platonic!stancy 😍 (it's true and ik i'm right <3)