EIGHTEEN: he's perfectly fine.

WHEN THE TWO returned back to the others, Steve had to look up to check and see. Yep. James was watching him walk in. So Jonathan is correct so far. "When James likes someone, they walk in, James is already staring. He always makes eye contact, and when the person's not looking, he's staring... he smiles in a very shy way when the person returns the flirting. He is very smug about his attractiveness in hopes the person notices it. He always tries to make them laugh." So sure enough when Steve is sitting down and listening to the others, he really felt the need to glance over just to check.

James is staring at him, then quickly glancing away so he just blushed and looked away. Steve had asked something after. "What about when he's in love?" Jonathan had replied saying the love others feel are a normal amount, but for James, it completely consumes him, so whenever he gets broken up with, he's the most devastated. Steve worried for that part, looking down and away from his hands holding the red solo cup filled with liquor and juice. He finished off the rest of it, standing up, "I'm gonna go get more." He tells them.

James watched him leave the room then glance down, fidgeting with his cup as Billy nudged him suddenly. "Wanna come smoke with me?" He asked and James glanced at him. It must be the liquor but suddenly Billy looks... pretty. He nods softly as Billy pats Tommy's arm so the Hagan quickly got up. The pair exit the room together as everyone else continued on with their silly game.

James honestly wasn't even playing, he finished so many beers that Tommy brought with them, some of the questions James has never even done before but still took a sip. Billy hands him a cigarette, lighting his own as James pats his pockets for his lighter. "I didn't bring my lighter." He tells him and Billy nods. "Okay," he said and stepped closer, gently holding James' face as he brings their cigarettes together. James stares intently as he lights his cigarette using Billy's lit cigarette.

"Thanks..." He murmured, taking a long drag before looking at him. "How's Max?" He asked quietly and Billy shrugs. "I think she's over at yours tonight." He says and James nods, glancing away. "They're cute, definitely. Just unexpected." James says and Billy nods. "Tell me about it. I thought Max was like in love with Lucas then she came to me talking about being bi and how to ask girls out. Very unexpected but I was more than happy to help." He says and James quietly giggles.

"You helped your sister ask out my sister?" He asked and Billy nods, a loopy grin on his face as James just stared at him, slowly taking a drag from his cigarette. Billy notices he does that thing where he sucks in his cheeks while smoking as he now smirked.

"Do you wanna ditch the others?" Billy suddenly asked as he stood up straight from leaning against the railing. "Uh... what would we do?" James chuckled, flicking his cigarette and Billy shrugs. "Whatever you wanna do..." He says as he then took another drag from his cigarette and James just stared, not really even thinking because of the fact he's drunk. And mildly upset after the whole thing with Steve and Tommy from earlier that night.

So he stepped closer and planted a kiss against Billy's lips, the Hargrove grinning into it as he tossed his cigarette away and James took out his on the railing, stepping closer to the shorter. Billy's hands raise to either sides of his face, bringing him much closer.

As for the others that are inside, Rhys was leaning into Eddie to whisper to him quietly about wanting to head back to his place so they can go to sleep. Eddie cupped his hand over Rhys' ear, whispering back as Robin watched them, her eyes droopy. "What are you two talking about?" She asked and a small grin is growing on the blond male's face. "Don't worry about it." He says softly.

"I'm not worried. Just curious!" Robin exclaimed as Steve walks back into the livingroom, finding only Rhys, Eddie, Robin and Jonathan left on the couch. "Where are the others?" He asked and Jonathan points to the lounge area across the livingroom, at Nancy and Argyle dancing to I Melt With You playing loudly, they looked so goofy dancing but cute at the same time with the way Argyle grabs Nancy's hands and swing her around with him.

"And where's, uh, James?" Steve took a sip from his drink. Liquid courage. Jonathan glanced around and shrugged. "He got up a while ago with Billy." He says and then raised his cup to take a sip from whatever drink his boyfriend had made him. "They went to go smoke." Eddie told Steve now, sitting up straight and no longer whispering to Rhys who's now caressing his thigh gently.

"Oh... okay." Steve said quietly and went to sit on the other side of Jonathan, feeling his muscles get all wound up and tight as he feels himself sinking into the couch further and further. He knows what this feeling is. Anxiety, fear, worry about James and Billy.

He got up suddenly and Eddie watched curiously as Steve left the livingroom and headed outside, just to find James and Billy sitting side by side on the front porch. "Hey Jamie? Can we talk?" He held both of his hands over either side of his red solo cup as James glanced up with droopy eyes. "Hmm?" He hummed then let out a quiet giggle, his head is drooping all over.

"Is... is he okay?" Steve asked worriedly and judging by Billy's hand gripping at James' neck, he wasn't okay. "Yeah, he's perfectly fine, right, pretty boy?" Billy asked and James hums. "Yeah. P--Perfectly fine, Stevie." He giggled again and Steve frowns. "We were just about to head inside to have some fun with Carol and Tommy." Billy grinned in a weird manner making Steve glare at him now.

"You're a sick fuck." He said, grabbing James' arm but Billy tugs him back. "Let James decide. Sweetheart, decide who you wanna go with." Billy says and James hums confused, looking between the two. "Wait, what?" He says quietly and Steve huffs. "Don't fucking go anywhere!" He told Billy angrily before going back inside so that he can get the others.

authors note
poor jamie... :( when do i ever not make him go through some terrible stuff though lol my oc's probably all have become familiar with trauma and angst atp 🧍🏻

+ guess who stayed up later than usual bc of a guy. well, not a guy, for a video game... i played with a guy. anyways-