SEVEN: by the lake.

THE NEXT MORNING James hadn't expected to wake up laying on Eddie's chest, so when he did, he quickly sat up and looked around with a throbbing pain in his head, sighing quietly. He quickly got out of bed, pulling on his jeans and shirt as quietly as he can, grabbing his stuff and exiting the bedroom. He feels lost the moment he walked out the door, closing it very gently behind him.

He heads down the stairs, rubbing his face, "James? Eddie?" Came from the kitchen and James looked over to see Steve walk out of the kitchen, his arms crossed. "Oh. Hey, good morning," he smiled and James just smiles back or tries to. "Good morning." He says, rubbing his face gently. "Wanna eat some breakfast with me?" Steve offered and James just nods. "Yeah, sure, what do you have?" He walked over, joining Steve in the kitchen.

In the kitchen, Steve made them scrambled eggs and bacon then set down three plates. "Is Eddie up yet?" He asked and James glanced up. "Oh, no... I--I didn't wanna wake him up." He says and Steve nods, glancing down as he sat down in front of James. "Hey, do you... wanna hang out one on one later today?" Steve asked suddenly as he looks up and the Hopper slowly glanced up at him.

"Yeah? What would we do?" He asked and Steve shrugs. "Catch a movie, or... get some dinner." He said and James nods softly. "I--I think a movie would be nice." He said then smiled as Steve smiles as well, agreeing before glancing down. "Good morning." Eddie entered the kitchen, rubbing his eyes and Steve looks up. "Good morning. There's coffee and I made you some breakfast." He said, smiling and Eddie grins, grabbing a mug to  pour some coffe into. "Wow, you're housewife material, Harrington." He says and Steve rolls his eyes as Eddie joins them.

James and Eddie make little to practically no interaction which made Steve start feeling uncomfortable halfway through eating, that it was his fault because he'd practically shoved the two exes into the same room. "So, what movie did you wanna watch, Steve?" James suddenly asked and Steve can practically already feel Munson's eyes boring into his skull as he looked over at the green eyed male sitting across from him. "Oh, um... anything is good." He said a bit too quickly.

"Steve and I have a date." James is grinning as he says it to Eddie who just took a sip from his coffee and hummed. "That's nice. Where to?" He asked and glanced over at Steve who just quickly looked at Eddie. "It isn't a date." He says and James looks at Steve with furrowed brows. "It isn't?" He asked and Steve quickly looks at him. "Wait, you want it to be?" He asked right away then shook his head. "Beside the point, it--it's not a date!" He says and Eddie just blankly stared at Steve.

"Okay..." He murmured and turned away, muttering something about Steve being dense. Steve glanced at James and the moment they made eye contact, the taller smirked a bit then glanced down at his plate of food. "We can watch the new Elvis movie." He said and James looked up at Steve, smiling.

"I actually hate Elvis, but since you're so kind to ask me on a date, I'll agree." He said and Steve sighs. "Not a date." He said and glanced over at Eddie who's finishing the last of his coffee. "It's not a date!" He said when he saw the look that the Munson then gave him.

But it really did feel like one. James opened the door for him, paid for his ticket and his popcorn, they did that thing where both of them reached for the popcorn and brushed hands so Steve sighed and turned to look at James in the dark theatre. "I really like you, I do," he says making the Hopper look at him in surprise, "but you're just not my type... and clearly you're in this act of pretending we're on a date to make your ex-boyfriend jealous." He said and James just frowns deeply at that.

"You think I'd use you like that, Steve-o?" He asked and Steve chuckles softly. "I don't think so, I know so. You totally ignored Eddie all breakfast then brought up our date or whatever you call it just to make him jealous." He says and James rolled his eyes.

"I did not--" "you did too..." Steve said then sighed. "Look, I didn't mind it because I haven't been on a date in so long and it felt nice to... be appreciated that way. So I didn't care, but I just needed you to know. Especially after spending this money on me, our tickets and popcorn and stuff..." He explained to the Hopper who just slowly turns his head to Steve. "You're into me. I know you are, anyone would be blind not to be." He says and smirked smugly. "You are so conceited." Steve huffs.

"Am I wrong though?" James said and Steve sighed. "No... but like, it's fucked you know that." He said and stuffed a handful of popcorn into his mouth, angrily chewing after. "Oh, I know I'm hot. I know when others are hot. Especially you. Especially Eddie, shit, even Robin and I don't swing that way." He said and Steve just shrugs, failing to disagree with that.

"So I know when people are attracted to me, and Stevie boy, you're one of them." He said and this just resulted in a handful of popcorn being thrown into his face before they enjoyed the rest of the movie. An even more movie date appropriate thing happened after, James grabbed Steve's hand and interlocked their fingers together as they walked out, the Harrington claims it's just so they don't lose each other in the crowd, but even then as they reached James' vehicle, they're still holding hands and don't wanna let go.

"You can let go now." Steve looks at James who quickly pulled his hand back. "Sorry." He apologized too quickly, glancing around as Steve just chuckles. "Okay, yeah, maybe I do find you hot... but don't let it get to your head." He says and James looks at him, smirking. "Which head?" He asked and couldn't help but laugh at the way Steve's face turned bright red, glancing away quickly.

"You're so annoying." He said as he got into the vehicle because James had opened the car door for him. "You love it." James said and then shut the door once he made sure Steve was full in the seat and comfortable. He got into the driver's seat now, starting up the engine then glanced over at Steve. "Do... you wanna go get high by the lake?" He asked, a small grin on his face as Steve looks over.

"Yeah, sure..."

authors note
i have a knowledge test to be done today. but here's an update. i'm just writing this like crazy and not even caring for my other fics that i really should be updating soon