FORTY-SEVEN: it's paintball.

THE WHOLE TRIP had been planned all under a whole afternoon by Robin and Nancy, no help from Jonathan and Argyle however as the three then asked for about four days off from work before setting the plan into motion, getting the hotel reservations and getting a whole fucking schedule planned out.

The wonders of Nancy Wheeler and Robin Buckley's minds put together. The drive was about seven hours, half a day but thanks to Nancy and her time management skills, they were leaving early. Like 5 am early. The first driver was Nancy. Then she swapped with Steve who drove for the next four hours and letting everyone sleep the rest of the way.

When they got to Chicago and went into their respective rooms, Robin and Nancy got their own room with two beds to share with Jonathan and Argyle, whereas James was stuck with his boyfriend and his ex-boyfriend, and his ex's current boyfriend.

"Nance so did this on purpose." Eddie grumbled as he flopped face down onto the first bed and James went to sit at the foot of the other bed. "She definitely did." The Hopper sighs, looking towards the window as Rhys and Steve shared a mutual glance. Steve went over, sitting by James and smiling at him. "From what I've gathered in Nance and Rob's insane schedule, we can fit in a fifteen minute date." He says and James looks up at him. "A fifteen minute date? What lasts for fifteen minutes?" He asked and Steve shrugs.

"Anything." He says and James rolls his eyes but smiled softly, finding it cute Steve was trying to see the brighter side. Meanwhile, Rhys went into the bathroom because he claims he hasn't gone for "24 hours", which was definitely a lie just to avoid them. James doesn't exactly blame him, he was put into a room with people he's made out with.

"We can go grab milkshakes or something, I saw a really cute diner on our way here." Steve said and James ultimately gave in, nodding which made the Harrington grin widely and lean in, pressing a kiss to his cheek before he got up. "Now, I have to get ready, Nance said we're grabbing a quick lunch at 12:30 then we'll be on our way to paintball." He says and Eddie sat up, looking at him. "Paintball?"

"Yep." Steve replied quickly, digging through his bag as James sighed. "Though the idea of a cute 10 Things I Hate About You moment is nice, paintball is the worse. Everyone gets so competitive and I know you guys have seen Nance with a lasergun already at lasertag, that girl is scary." He says, sitting up then sighed, crossing his arms. "Think I can get an out if I say I'm feeling sick?" He asks.

"Doubt it. It's Nance and Robin, they'll just send over medicine and tell you to come anyway." James says as he glanced over at Eddie who frowns. "I'm just so lazy. Travel days should be spent in the comforts of your hotel room bed. You know?" He asked, stretching and James glanced over at Steve.

"I have an idea."

The idea was to go down to the front lobby, the four men holding their bags. "We were put into one room with two beds by our friend as a joke, I'm wondering if we could get two with one bed each?" James leans over the counter of the front desk and the woman glanced between the four men. "Oh, okay, I'll see if there's any rooms. What was the room you got?" She asked and Rhys sighed out quietly.

"Thank God for James."

James hands over the two room keys for 301 to Eddie and Rhys. "You're welcome. And no need to thank God, I am God." His tone is joking and Rhys laughs, handing the other key to Eddie. "Thank you anyway." The blonde smiled faintly at the taller as Eddie looked at Steve with a sneer, before grabbing Rhys' hand. "Come on! I need to shower before we go." He pulled his boyfriend with him.

"That was weird..." Steve interjects as James kept watching the two and nods. "Totally." He said. Then Rhys glanced back, sending a small wave their way as if to say see you guys later and James smiled again. "Come on, let's go check out our room." James looks to his boyfriend who's staring blankly straight ahead. "Oh, yeah, sure..." Steve said quietly and they make their way to the elevators.