brownie crisis

Risa is a baker. Or at least she thought. Flour was scattered all over her kitchen, and pretty sure she had some in her hair. Whenever the woman moved, flour sprinkled down like snow, leaving the floor all slippery.

The kitchen's state was way worse. In addition to sporadic splatterings of flour and baking ingredients, there were pieces of baking sheets blown by the wind, and the sink was overflowing with dirty mixing bowls and spoons.

Risa blew a breath as she slid the last batch of brownies into the large glass container. The kitchen top was stacked high with more containers, all filled to the brim with warm brownies. One would think the woman was selling them for a living.

"Tapos na," she sighed, hands perched proudly on her hips.

She takes the time to look around, realizing the disgusting mess she had made. Surely her brownies taste better than those sold in the malls, but to think this was the disastrous state of the kitchen after its creation? No one would even touch those brownies.

"Your fault, Teddy." She mutters. Her friend recently volunteered at a local environmental advocacy group, and every year they orchestrate annual bake sales to raise funds for the restoration of their local environment. This year, unfortunately, five of their bakers called in sick. Leaving Teddy to compromise and ask his friends for help, including Risa.

Teddy had been baking since two in the morning. Fearing her friend might die from distress, she agreed to his request. Her friend will be picking up the brownies in two hours, which leaves her an ample amount of time to clean before certain creatures see the state of their kitchen.

"Marhay na aga, my Risa, may nag abot ba ng diyaryo kani–"

Leni stood in the doorway. An empty cup of tea in hand, she stared at the kitchen in abject horror.

"Brownies for breakfast...?" Risa said, spreading her arms wide, presenting the arsenal of brownies behind her.

But the other woman didn't even take a second to look at her masterpiece. "Ano 'to, part-time job?"

Leni looked at her, to the counters, and then to their sink. And suddenly she was in motion, frantically rolling up the sleeves of her pajama top. "I'll start on the dishes, punasan mo na lang 'yung table."

Groaning, Risa rolled her eyes to the ceiling. "Sabi nila mas mabilis daw malinis ang dumi kapag pinabayaan muna."

Leni turned the sink water to its highest. "Part time job mo na ring magsinungaling?"

Risa leaned against the counter, tucking a flour-dusted strand of hair behind her ear. "Nope. Does kissing you count as a part-time job?"

Leni glanced up from the sink, "Aw, hindi ba full time?" She blew a breath. "Baka p'wede mo nang punasan 'yung lamesa, mukha na kasing pal–"

Wrapping her arms around Leni's shoulders, Risa captured her mouth with a solid kiss.

Leni twisted, reaching blindly behind her, she managed to turn off the water. She glanced down at herself and clicked her tongue, "'Yan tuloy, may harina na rin ako."

Risa grinned, idly playing with the hem of her top. "So dapat maligo muna tayo, ano?"

Leni looks up at her, moving closer she spoke in a coy whisper, "Sure, pero alam mo gagawin natin before that?"

Risa breathed, "Ano?"

"Maglilinis," Leni says, tapping the wet sponge on Risa's nose.

"What? Leni, no."

A/N

im in the middle of stressing out because my uni's org hunt is in two weeks and we're not even in the middle of editing our promotional video yet !! neway will be posting lnrs drabbles here from time to time, medj nakaka relieve siya ng stress hihi.