free-falling: quarrel

Reese's cold treatment started when Leona forgot to send her updates and, instead, left her message on read for the past ten hours. She is very much aware of how hectic Leona's schedule is, keeping in mind that she is campaigning for the upcoming student body elections while completing her final requirements for the third year.

Yet, the thought of not being able to send even a single message pissed her badly, resulting in their first 'fight' as an official couple.

"Reese," Soni calls her attention. "'Wag ka nang mag-isip diyan. Baka busy lang talaga, magbabati rin kayo soon."

Her friends may have sensed her disturbingly low energy and shot her an assurance. If they weren't inside the campus, she would have bawled her eyes out.

Leila chuckled, "Tapos sa sobrang daming gawain ni bise hindi pala siya aware na magkaaway kayo. Haha saklap."

"Pumasok lang talaga tayo para mambackstab, ano?" Teddy joked. "Pero nagkasalubong sila papalabas ng auditorium kanina, 'di ba?"

"True, bro. Nag smile si bise pero hindi pinansin neto," Soni added.

"Nagkita naman pala kayo kanina eh. Pretty sure she's aware na nagtatampo ka."

Risa looks at them incredulously, "Hindi ako nagtatampo!"

"Nagtatampo ako," she sighs in defeat, letting her phone fall on the table upon seeing there wasn't a single notification.

It was the day after they stopped talking and unfortunately, neither of the two had the capacity to start a new conversation. Given Leona's tight schedule, one would say it's quite understandable. And given Reese's enormous pride, she would rather eat grass than make the first move.

She didn't come home either; good thing Kiko was kind enough to tell her Leona was sleeping in her office, sending a photo of the woman slumped on the sofa. Reese fought the urge to rush back to Elti and ask her to come home. She would have said, "I'm sorry, uwi na tayo" and on their way home, tell her how her awful day went. And just like magic, all the misfortunes she experienced would be replaced with the warmth of her touch.

But that didn't happen, which is why she woke up with an empty bed this morning.

After her last subject for the day, Reese decided to go home. Not until Ted and Soni asked (forced) her to wait for Leila's last subject and drink at his unit. Frankly, she just wanted to sleep and forget the situation. She tags along, nevertheless. Reese believes it'll at least entertain her tired and yearning spirit.

"Si Lens 'yun 'di ba?" Soni spoke, eyeing the people walking on the other side.

"Siya ata," Leila says looking at her, "siya ba?"

"Ewan," she shortly answered. That was a lie. Show her a strand of Leona's hair and Reese would proudly declare it's her in an instant.

Kit, one of Leona's close friends—whom she didn't know until they were introduced last week, was walking beside her. The two were gaining an awful amount of heart eyes from the people watching them. In turn, Leona greets them and shakes a few hands as well. The person she interacts with immediately squeals and their friends forcefully push them towards her, too.

"Nagtabi pa ang dalawang pogi," Teddy sighed, looking at Soni. "Pa'no na lang tayo?"

"Bro 'wag mo 'ko idamay, hindi pa naman ako mukhang ubo tulad mo."

"Shh," she scolds them. "Mahiya kayo at hindi niyo naman ka close 'yang si Kit."

"Fine, Mother Theresia."

"Hi, Kit! Pogi mo raw sabi ni Sons," Teddy greets them with enthusiasm. Then mouthing a "sorry," to Reese before talking again.

"Dami namang nakatitig. Lagi ka na lang kaya sumama sa'min, para naman mapansin din kami."

Soni lightly punched his arm. "Lagi naman nating kasama 'yung isang pogi pero hindi ka talaga napapansin. Pambugaw ka kasi."

Meanwhile, Leona gave Reese an alluring smile, taking the bottle of water from her hand and drinking almost half of it. "Init. Kumain ka na?"

"Kumain na," she answered as cold as she could possibly sound.

"Thank yo–" Leona was interrupted mid-sentence when a group of students approached them.

"P'wede raw po bang magpapicture?"

"Kit, picture raw," Leila says, finger pointing on the ladies asking for a photo.

One woman shook her hands, "Ay hindi po siya, kay bise po sana."

"Picture, ako?"

"Bawal," Reese interrupts them. "I mean, panget 'yan sa camera. Baka maaning lang 'yung makakakita."

"Gusto niyo ba ng picture?" Leona asked.

Hearing her say that instantly made her blood boil. Not to mention they've been in silent treatment for two days. Leona, of all people, should know that it pisses her off when she does things that only add fuel to the fire. Maybe you can say no just for today?

"...eto si Kit pogi 'yan. Magpicture kayo with him tapos boto niyo na rin for secretary," Leona continued, hooking her arm around Reese's as she drags her out of the growing crowd.

this chapter is not necessarily important, i just missed free-falling bise and reese so much *cries*