more wounds

The only relief you felt was when you finally made it to the third floor. Your hands were trembling as you fumbled with the keys, struggling to get it into the keyhole.

You pushed the door open, stepping past the threshold and shutting it behind you. The first thing you did was rush to Pieck's room. You knew you'd have to lie and keep secrets from everyone, but Pieck and Hitch had always been there for you despite knowing the others weren't exactly fond of them.

Disappointment clouded your mind when your roommate wasn't in her room at all. You rubbed your head, thinking about Eren.

If things were different, maybe you would've kissed him the first time he suggested it in the playground. Mikasa's voice was murmuring in your headspace.

Traitor. Traitor. Traitor.

It wasn't your intention, not at all. How were you supposed to know Eren would kiss you? The guilt was eating you up whole because you liked it. And you wanted more. You knew better though, the only reason Eren could possibly be interested was lust.

Now Aria's voice whispered in your ear. He's just fucking with you. He's bored.

Meanwhile, Eren was still outside, eyes distant as he stared at the brick of the side of the building. He didn't know what came over him as his fist flew towards the wall, his knuckles scraping violently and a crippling sensation in his bones.

"Fuck!" yelled out angrily as he cradled his bloody hand.

No, he wasn't frustrated because he just projectile punched a brick wall. He was ruminating on what the fuck just happened. He shouldn't have kissed you. Why did he even care so much?

He could barely stand your presence at first. What exactly possessed him to go out of his way and chase you while you were on the verge of tears. That he could barely wrap his mind around.

The repercussions from the others and your brother would obviously hurt you. Kissing you was an idiotic thing to do. He should've listened to you. Why couldn't he just have listened to you?

He gritted his teeth, pushing air out from the cracks between them as he got back into his car, slamming the door rather violently. Sparing more time thinking about the last few hours was sure to drive each of you insane.

You sat in your living room, curled up on the couch as you waited for your beloved roommate to return. And to your luck, she didn't take too long.

When she stumbled into your dorm, she seemed all sorts of exhausted. The life had been drained from her eyes, it was apparent even in the bags under them.

You got up, "Pieck? Are you okay?"

The girl's lids fell down over her eyes, "Yes, I'm fine. Porco and I just had a fight and we both said some things."

Your eyes followed her as she ushered her cashmere sweater off, revealing the camisole she wore beneath. Concerned, you said, "What? How come?"

Her eyes still did not meet yours. She was busied in strutting towards her room to take her undershirt off and slide on a comfortable T shirt and pair of shorts, "It was dumb."

You followed her to her room, not fazed by her being in her underwear because you both were accustomed to being half naked around each other. "Tell me about it."

She slid on a pair of grey sweatpants, "Well, I was talking about how I was planning on getting an internship here over the summer and he got mad. He said that I was looking for more reasons to be away from him. And when I suggested that he should come stay with me over the summer, there was a blow up. He started going off about how I'm not the only one with ambitions and we aren't talking to each other."