phone call

As you all stepped into the light of the rest of the arcade, Sasha screeched, "Ah! My eyes are burning."

"Fix them," Eren told her. "Because we need to play Bloodwalker Warefare."

Her previously suffering eyes were now wide open as she grabbed you and Eren, "Connie, come on, the four of us need to play."

"I wanted to play skee ball," you tried to reason so you could get out of playing with Eren.

"Okay, right after we could do that but come on for now," Sasha insisted.

"I'll play skee ball with you later, Y/n, just call me over," Marco said.

"Yeah, of course," you smiled at him, waving as Sasha dragged you off.

The horrible colorful pattern of the carpet was making your mind spin as she tugged you all the way to a big black hut in the middle of the arcade. There were four openings each side, acting as doors and you followed the rest inside.

It was a small room, there were four screens on each wall and a respective gun.

Connie nudged you, "That gun is for that screen."

You stepped toward the wired rifled, picking it up to face your screen as Sasha was on your right side facing the screen on the west wall, Connie on your left facing east, and Eren behind you facing north while you faced south.

You almost felt like you were in an abnormally large photobooth, except it was an over-the-top set up for a zombie apocalypse game.

"A token per player," Connie said, pulling his pouch of coins out as you all did the same.

Slipping your tokens into the slots, the game began to explain the rules in the form of an apocalyptic solider, "Our world went south since the accident at Creekway Labs. Now all our beloved town of Creekway is infested with zombies—but the infestation is of the corpses that deserved to rest in peace. Help us get to the lab, develop a cure and return to the fighter jet to spread the antidote. You are humanity's last hope. Good luck soldier."

You loved games like this because of how fast it would get your blood pumping. It added extra adrenaline being back-to-back with the others.

The game started, and you all headed towards the lab like instructed, being crashed with your first wave of zombies. You squealed, bumping back into Connie, "I can see his brains, ewww."

"At least we know he has one, can't say the same for you," Connie jabbed to which Eren muffled a chuckle.

You kept playing, jumping every so often at the sight of the undead creatures. You were nearing the end of the game now.

"Yes!" you, Sasha, and Connie cheered after the Mission Successful sign popped on the screen.

You reached down to grab Pieck's cow, "Skee ball now? I want to play with Marco."

"Connie and I are gonna do Just Dance over there," Sasha said.

Eren cleared his throat, "Mikasa, Armin, and I are gonna go play basketball."

Not bothering to respond or even wait to hear more, you went in search of Marco. You strolled around, seeing families with their kids, and a bunch of teenagers with their friends. It was a Friday night after all.

You eventually found Marco with Annie. They were playing on vintage looking arcade game like Pac Man. You walked up beside them, "Hey, you guys up for skee ball."

"Sure," the blonde shrugged.

"Yeah, let's go," Marco said, not even bothering to finish his game.

You all headed over to the gallery with the skee ball machines, starting a game as you all played. So far, Annie was brutally crushing you two. You were the most behind as Marco was catching up to her. Perhaps your skill in games was limited to laser tag.