juliet

🧪cw: smut, mentions and depictions of ptsd

Thunder shook you awake again.

You sat up, breathless from the horrifying nightmare you were having. It was the same one every single night.

You would find Eren's mangled corpse beside you in bed, beaten till he was disfigured. A dark figure would stand on your bedside, faceless yet evil. Instead of running, you'd throw yourself over Eren. His face split open the same way hers had been. And you'd cry, covered in his blood.

Your head whipped to your side, to Eren. You shifted towards him, pressing your ear against his chest. Where are you?

You held your breath, waiting.

Then, it thumped against his chest, soft beats of his heart. There it is.

You let out a sigh of relief, closing your eyes as you clung to him. You counted his breaths and tucked the blanket over him so he wouldn't get cold. Just like every other night, you watched him sleep.

* * * * *

The constant clicking of your keyboard nearly overpowered the music you were listening to. Your eyes were beginning to strain with how long you'd been staring at your screen. Words were blurring together, falling out of place and strung together in a way you weren't pleased with. You went back to the same lines you had been working on, changing them over and over again and still not satisfied.

"Yo," Eren's voice made you whip your head to the side.

He stood at the threshold of your room. Hair down as he sauntered over, he looked gorgeous.

"How'd studying go?" you asked with a smile.

Eren sighed as he fell onto your bed. He was on his stomach as he faced you, eyes tiredly on you as you scratched his head. He had been taking winter courses to get some difficult classes out of the way.

Even though he didn't look like he cared about school, he always gave it his all. He was the most determined and ambitious person you had ever met.

"It was okay," he closed his eyes. "My back and neck hurt from those stupid ass wooden seats in the library though."

You chuckled, tugging his shirt up, "Let me help with that."

He had had whiplash from how quickly he craned his neck back to look at you, "Really?"

"That's not what I meant, you idiot," you rolled your eyes. "I meant I'll, like, rub your back or something."

"Oh," he murmured, facing back down and tugging his shirt off.

He then yawned as if he were about to pass out. His eyes fell on your laptop. "What are you working on?" he asked.

"Oh that," you said, getting on top of him as you started rubbing his shoulders. "I was in the middle of live-streaming. Was doing this thing where the more money my viewers send me, the more I strip."

He looked back at his t-shirt on you before he raised his brows, "How much did we get so far?"

"If you didn't walk in then we easily could've locked down two grand," you sarcastically drawled.

"Ah shit," he mockingly moped. "You think people will give money to see me?"

"No," you joked.

"Well hate to break it to you, but your family is paying me to be with you," he closed his eyes.

You rolled your eyes shoving his head into the mattress, "Bitch."

He laughed, his canines poking out devilishly like always when he turned his head back to the side.